Naviextras

Mkycdf

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
I have tried to update my navi today and the software toolbox isn’t seeing my fingerprint usb! I have since formatted the usb and tried again with a fresh fingerprint but still nothing happens?!

A few suggestions:
  • Format the USB drive to FAT32 before starting the procedure
  • Use a sizeable drive if you can - an old small capacity drive won't cut it
  • Ensure the USB port on your PC/laptop can see the USB drive regardless of what Toolbox says
  • Try another drive!
I'm guessing you've probably tried all this already, sorry if it's not much help. The entire update process is totally hit and miss, my system got bricked last year but fortunately Naviextras sorted it as the dealer was, again, clueless. Sadly Naviextras are no longer supporting the units, I have no idea why. No doubt a lot of replies will be along the lines of "use Google maps instead" and whilst some like that, and I have used that and alternatives myself, I also like the reassurance of having an in-car system.

Let us know how you get on.

I couldn't get toolbox to see USB pen drive on my windows 10 pc so i tried it in a laptop running windows 7 and it worked straight away, might be worth a try if you have access to an older version of windows available, had the same problem getting windows 10 to see a server initially but windows 7 opened it up now it works fine.

I couldn't get toolbox to see USB pen drive on my windows 10 pc so i tried it in a laptop running windows 7 and it worked straight away, might be worth a try if you have access to an older version of windows available, had the same problem getting windows 10 to see a server initially but windows 7 opened it up now it works fine.
My laptop is windows 7 and I’ve had a few successful touch updates previously! I will try it with the mrs windows 10!

Weird how one Windows OS will do it and another won't, I wonder what that's all about. A story for another day as they say.

How can you know if the satnav needs an update?
MG5
If it's anything like the ZS:
  • Download and install Naviextras Toolbox
  • Format a large (4gb up) USB pen drive to FAT32
  • Place the pen drive in your car - not sure which slot on the MG5, or if you have more than one.
  • Go to the satnav settings, scroll through until you find something that says "make a fingerprint" (I forget the exact wordings). This will put version details on your pen drive.
  • Once the above step is complete - it will tell you - put the pen drive back in your PC/laptop and run Toolbox. It will let you know if there are any updates and then download them.
  • Return to the car with your pen drive and follow the instructions in the satnav to update it.
Hope that helps :)

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom