New French roadsign

OriginalBigAl

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
For anyone wishing to visit you may see a new sign, white diamond on a blue background. Its a dedicated lane sign for public transport, car sharing and electric vehicles. It will mainly be on duel carriageways through or around towns etc, and protected by cameras. So if you are in an electric , you can leave your blow up doll at home!

For anyone wishing to visit you may see a new sign, white diamond on a blue background. Its a dedicated lane sign for public transport, car sharing and electric vehicles. It will mainly be on duel carriageways through or around towns etc, and protected by cameras. So if you are in an electric , you can leave your blow up doll at home!
That's good news. It was embarrassing explaining Cindy to customs :ROFLMAO:

Will it recognise non French registered EVs?
Good question. I do not know, I would not think that the gendarmes are waiting to pull over any abusers of the system , more likely a letter of demand of payment through the post. In which case if there is a reciprocal agreement with foreign countries (probably not ) then proof of EV ownership would suffice. Its most likely one of those ideas which has good intentions but will be so abused it dies a death in due course. There will be a settling in period, then a rash of fines, then chopping down of signs/cameras, then tyres burning in the streets. Welcome to France!

In the UK, recent new EVs have come with number plates with a green flash down the left side of the front and rear plates ... do they do anything similar in France?

We live at the end of a track , not much traffic , postman, bin man , and the odd tractor, let alone an EV. There are a couple of EVs in the vicinity of our local towns but I,m so surprised to see them I don,t notice the reg plates. Having said that our MG dealer in Brive had 34 MG4s delivered in July all pre-ordered so we,ll be having a game of MG4 snooker in the next few weeks.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom