New Marvel owner. Few questions.

lauri

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Hello,

Driven the car a few days in the snowy north. Few questions I did not find answers to after searching.

1. Does the passenger seat have height adjustment, like the driver seat. Mine does nothing on the passenger side for the height of the seat, only horizontal adjustment front to back from the same lever.

2. The app does not bind the car. I go to log out from the infotainment system in the car, qr-code is shown and I select bind car from the app and it logs in, but binding has not happened. App is still telling me to bind the car in order to enter any values and use the app.

3. Braking noise. There is a sound when braking and wheels lock / ABS activated. It sounds like a rather harsh grinding glaring sound for a second or so.

The car is second hand demo car from a reliable store in Sweden.

Thank you for any replies and discussion.

Hi. I had the same problem with binding.
Problem is that previous owner hasn't unbound the car. I had to contact the mg service here in Finland, they can unbind it at Sweden. They need your cars vin number for that.

I don't have any strange noises when braking. It could be that they are a little bit rusted so try to make a few hard brakings from a high speed e.g. 80km/h.

Oh and no height adjustment for passenger side.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi. I had the same problem with binding.
Problem is that previous owner hasn't unbound the car. I had to contact the mg service here in Finland, they can unbind it at Sweden. They need your cars vin number for that.

I don't have any strange noises when braking. It could be that they are a little bit rusted so try to make a few hard brakings from a high speed e.g. 80km/h.

Oh and no height adjustment for passenger side.
Hi I had few question to you seens you own a mg car in finland. I am a new drive of MG marvel R I had question about charging like I ones tiers to changer at Mcdonald place ( DC ) charger for some reason it doesn't accept fast charging is there any reason? And about trying to connect mg I smart also it doesn't let's us bind in for some reason ?

Hi I had few question to you seens you own a mg car in finland. I am a new drive of MG marvel R I had question about charging like I ones tiers to changer at Mcdonald place ( DC ) charger for some reason it doesn't accept fast charging is there any reason? And about trying to connect mg I smart also it doesn't let's us bind in for some reason ?
Sent you a message

I taking the MG to the dealership for service next week friday. I will let you know.

I am getting an update from r18 to r24.

Also, hopefully they will be able figure out and fix the charging issue. I am still not able to start a charge at public chargers fast or slow. Getting "charging seized" and "check connection" message.

Finally got the app to bind, as the original dealership unbound their user (it was a demo car). it took them 5 weeks to unbind it.

I taking the MG to the dealership for service next week friday. I will let you know.

I am getting an update from r18 to r24.

Also, hopefully they will be able figure out and fix the charging issue. I am still not able to start a charge at public chargers fast or slow. Getting "charging seized" and "check connection" message.

Finally got the app to bind, as the original dealership unbound their user (it was a demo car). it took them 5 weeks to unbind it.
Yes I ask the MG dealer to unbind old user. It took 2 days and I got connected annoying thing is me and my brother can't use app same time but it is fine 🙄. I had a update in software now I can charge in fast chargring areas the dealer told me it takes few minutes to start fast charging . It need to heat the battery up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if the Marvel R will be coming to the UK and if its to replace the ZS, also what are the diffrence in size between the 2?
Thanks

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom