Few questions about marvel r !

bissu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Questions goes people that had owned marvel r for more then 1-3 months.

After how many years had you guys changed break pad?

Have you guys been in risk beattry low % time?
Let's say you got 5% left how many km does car go ? ( or more ) around 10-15%)

About mgPilot I haven't tried in summer yet in city roads cuz it is winter here so sometime it doesn't work. But how good it is in city roads if I put mgPilot? I will like to listen everyone experience about it. ( Bad and good side)

The car has been only sold since end of 2021 in Europe so i don't think any break pads have been changed. Well the km depends on the temperature that how many km it goes so no real answer there. Lowest I've been is about 10. But it was freezing and can't remember the range.

Don't know about pilot because the same reasons that you have. Too much snow.

MG pilot has a traffic mode, or whatever is called, that can be enabled after switching on the MG pilot by double pulling on the cruise stick. It works great in traffic and can follow the car in front even if no road markings are detected. It works well.
In regards to the brake pads, I had the Marvel since November 2022 (34k km so far) and I don't expect I will need to change the brake pads anytime soon.
I drove the car down to about 4-5%, about 20km range left, no worries, but remaining range will depend on weather and driving conditions, and of course on how heavy is your right foot.

Last edited by a moderator:
MG pilot has a traffic mode, or whatever is called, that can be enabled after switching on the MG pilot by double pulling on the cruise stick. It works great in traffic and can follow the car in front even if no road markings are detected. It works well.
In regards to the brake pads, I had the Marvel since November 2022 (34k km so far) and I don't expect I will need to change the brake pads anytime soon.
I drove the car down to about 4-5%, about 20km range left, no worries, but remaining range will depend on weather and driving conditions, and of course on how heavy is your right foot.
Nice, how does MG pilot noticed stupid quick lane change by others or does car noticed traffic lights? Because I have drove in highway where speed is 120 km/h seems fine.
But I noticed when cancelling MG pilot it break so heavy cuz of regen breaking. I haven't tried this yet but like let's say you have mg pilot activated and you noticed left lane car is trying to change lane to your side without noticing you at all will I be available to just turn steering wheel without cancelling and without pushing the lever?

Have you tried MG pilot on city roads like they go full right turn like that? Does it work?

I use it in traffic queues, with start-stop conditions and it works ok. But it won't probably take a 90 degree turn on its own. Even if it is on, you have full control of the car, you can override the pilot by turning the steering wheel and you can accelerate but it won't disengage unless you touch the break or cancel the cruise control.

I think it doesn´t depend too much about the weight of the right foot when going below 10%, especially in winter. Car goes something like 40-50 km/h no matter how much you put your foot down. Teslabjörn drove Marvel till the end, so there (youtube) you can estimate how long it goes in low percentages. But I guess it is quite linear, so it should be something like 2-3 km/1%.

I use it in traffic queues, with start-stop conditions and it works ok. But it won't probably take a 90 degree turn on its own. Even if it is on, you have full control of the car, you can override the pilot by turning the steering wheel and you can accelerate but it won't disengage unless you touch the break or cancel the cruise control.
Nice to know that I can over right the control if I trun wheel I haven't used mg pilot alot

Is there any good side and bad side of mgpilot I will like to know before getting honk by other in road 😅

MG pilot works relatively well, but as any other similar system like this it has limitations. The driver is always in control and can override the pilot at any time. I always keep the distance from car in front at maximum 3 setting and it reacted well even in sudden breaking situations. Resist the urge to intervene every time by touching the break pedal, as the MG pilot might already be applying a lot more braking power then you would when you touch the brake and disengage the system, then you are on your own right in the middle of a potential emergency situation.
It can see the lane markings in the dark and wet nights on the Autobahn better than I can. Just turn it on and discover it for yourself, I find it makes long journeys a lot more relaxing.

MG pilot works relatively well, but as any other similar system like this it has limitations. The driver is always in control and can override the pilot at any time. I always keep the distance from car in front at maximum 3 setting and it reacted well even in sudden breaking situations. Resist the urge to intervene every time by touching the break pedal, as the MG pilot might already be applying a lot more braking power then you would when you touch the brake and disengage the system, then you are on your own right in the middle of a potential emergency situation.
It can see the lane markings in the dark and wet nights on the Autobahn better than I can. Just turn it on and discover it for yourself, I find it makes long journeys a lot more relaxing.
I wanna try mg pilot but cuz of snow it blocks the road white mark and it doesn't give me sometimes

But does marvel r have like this feature like Tesla where u put a plan for long trip and it tells you where to top to chagre your car and how many km/% u will have when u be there

Like a tesla road plan

No, I'm afraid it doesn't. Big missed opportunity here by MG
I mean it isn't like they can't add, they could add that trip road planning. And I noicted today while driving mg pilot sometimes if car does t read both lines it start to werid stuff. I wish they fix that by updates. Seems like it only looks for lines

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom