bissu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Hei, I have few questions about the car. I am having difficulty with charging method I got the car today but i could charge the car in super charging place it is ccs or what the name was in some Mcdonald charging place. Then I need to changer the car with car cable it was to slow in this cold time. I need some info about it.
And trying to connect the MG I smart . I created the account and scan the QR code it says success full but no things happend ? Why?

Hi,
Charging issues will happen in the first tryings, don't worry it will charge.
It depends on many factors:
- Which charging card you have (I personally use Shell Recharge card it is the best to today, I believe).
-Try to restart charging from the car management, see the pic.( Here in Germany says; Ladevorgang beginnen).
  • Which CCS or HPC station company name ? It happend that some charging stations dont accept.
  • Try start charging from the App. in your Mobile (I use Shell App.also).
  • Try to turn the car off then lock and unlock the doors remotely before charging, then try to recharge.

For the MG iSMART:

Do you have the latest version ? ( V2.0.1)
Which system version do you have in your car ? ( I have the R23)

-Try to reset the system factory in your car and then made new registration.
-Try to delete the iSMART App. in your mobile and reinstalled it.

Regards

Attachments

• mg-marvel-ladestand.jpg
    mg-marvel-ladestand.jpg
    233.6 KB · Views: 67
For the MG iSMART:

Did you have the latest version ? ( V2.0.1)

Regards
How can I check the version and reset the car completely cuz I still have the old owner account added in here so I can't make my own

For the MG iSMART:

For the MG iSMART:

Regards
As you said I check it has r22 and no updates the last update was made in 6.01.2024. And I have 1 question me and my brother also drive this car it isn't possible to have 2 users add in MG ISMART? And when I used Public CCS chager it said ( high voltage ). Now using slow charging 🙄

Attachments

• 20240106_130150.jpg
    20240106_130150.jpg
    684.4 KB · Views: 64
Go to SYSTEM then you have the Version and the update detect option.

The rest (RESTORE TO FACTORY SETTINGS) is the last option (See please the Pic. I have attached).
Do not forget to detect for the last or newer version after reset.
Reset may take 30 minute or longer.

good luck
Screenshot (807).png
Screenshot (808).png

As you said I check it has r22 and no updates the last update was made in 6.01.2024. And I have 1 question me and my brother also drive this car it isn't possible to have 2 users add in MG ISMART? And when I used Public CCS chager it said ( high voltage ). Now using slow charging 🙄
-There is an option that you both have a separate account in the same car, you can make your own by clicking change account.

-And where the message HIGH VOLTAGE appear ? Try another CCS station.

The CCS or HPC is a high voltage DC current, the Marvel R must accept it and charge. For example my car charge from this one in the pic.

Notice that The CCS DC is not good for the battery, it deceases the life span if you use to many DC charge. The AC slow charging is safe to the battari life.

Attachments

• 1704542080458.jpg
    1704542080458.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Go to SYSTEM then you have the Version and the update detect option.

The rest (RESTORE TO FACTORY SETTINGS) is the last option (See please the Pic. I have attached).
Do not forget to detect for the last or newer version after reset.
Reset my be take 30 minute or longer.

good luckView attachment 22670View attachment 22671
I have it r22 and also checked for update it doesn't have atm. Last update was made in that and did factory reset. Thoes things aren't problem but main thing is it doesn't accpect ccs chargers and doing the slow charging take 7-8 hours and car is in low battery. When I do ccs chagring it goes all well then in end it says revome plug

-There is an option that you both have a separate account in the same car, you can make your own by clicking change account.

In that chager station

When I did in Mcdonald ccs chagring I goes to 4step and in end it doesn't chager at all but car says chagring cease but station says remove plug

When I did in Mcdonald ccs chagring I goes to 4step and in end it doesn't chager at all but car says chagring cease but station says remove plug
The CCS or HPC is a high voltage DC current, the Marvel R must accept it and charge. For example my car charge from this one in the pic.

Notice that The CCS DC is not good for the battery, it decreases the life span if you use to many DC charge. The AC slow charging is safe to the battery life.

Attachments

• 1704542080458.jpg
    1704542080458.jpg
    282.9 KB · Views: 64
Main problem is with chagring atm with CCS car just don't wanna chager at all did you ever had this problem? With ccs chagring?

Notice that The CCS DC is not good for the battery, it decreases the life span if you use to many DC charge. The AC slow charging is safe to the battery life.
I have 26% chager left in car and weather is -26 and the dealer place opens at Monday and today is Saturday I need to work also . I am trying to find a chagring place around the place but marvel r just don't take any CCS chagring at all 😩

Have you tried charging with a fast charger, e.g. at ABC, citymarket or Prisma automarket? I have the ABC mobile application which at least worked well. In addition, the k-loading tag.

Main problem is with chagring atm with CCS car just don't wanna chager at all did you ever had this problem? With ccs chagring?

I have 26% chager left in car and weather is -26 and the dealer place opens at Monday and today is Saturday I need to work also . I am trying to find a chagring place around the place but marvel r just don't take any CCS chagring at all 😩
My car will only charge CCS if it's turned off after the charging starts you can go inside and put the power on

Hei mila77, I had a question seens you had used marvel r for long time . I had a problem with fast chagring so when I take my car to chagring Station ( css ). The car take charge with ccs chagring then suddenly it stop taking any chagring . Even the lights goes green then in 3 sec it goes to blue again and the chagring Station says ( thanks for chagring ) etc what normally says when you end chagring the car doesn't take any fast chagring at frist at all. I need to go to slow chagring then charge thr car for 10-15 min while using high voltage battery heating then after that it accpects fast chagring any idea why it does that ?

Hei mila77, I had a question seens you had used marvel r for long time . I had a problem with fast chagring so when I take my car to chagring Station ( css ). The car take charge with ccs chagring then suddenly it stop taking any chagring . Even the lights goes green then in 3 sec it goes to blue again and the chagring Station says ( thanks for chagring ) etc what normally says when you end chagring the car doesn't take any fast chagring at frist at all. I need to go to slow chagring then charge thr car for 10-15 min while using high voltage battery heating then after that it accpects fast chagring any idea why it does that ?
Hei,
Apparently your car can't accept the amount of electricity (kWh) from this fast charging CCS station in the given time and temp.
I have had recharge my car from different fast charging CCS station companies, i had no problem.
Using high voltage battery preheating (fore conditioner), is aimed for fast charging.

Last edited:
Hei,
Apparently your car can't accept the amount of electricity (kWh) from this fast charging CCS station in the given time and temp.
I have had recharge my car from different fast charging CCS station companies, i had no problem.
Using high voltage battery preheating (fore conditioner), is aimed for fast charging.
Idk why but let's say my car is low at chager when I go to ccs chagring Station and try to chagre the car it takes the chagring then suddenly stop it. The chagring port light goes blue then green then blue agian. To accpect ccs chagring I need to chagre the car at 11kwh or 22kwh place with beattry heating on for 10-15min then it accpects the fast chagring ( ccs )

Idk why but let's say my car is low at chager when I go to ccs chagring Station and try to chagre the car it takes the chagring then suddenly stop it. The chagring port light goes blue then green then blue agian. To accpect ccs chagring I need to chagre the car at 11kwh or 22kwh place with beattry heating on for 10-15min then it accpects the fast chagring ( ccs )
So as i understand from you the CCS charging interrupted when the battery is low only? ( e.g. 20%)
And in summer also? or only in winter?
And you face the same problem in many different CCS stations??

So as i understand from you the CCS charging interrupted when the battery is low only? ( e.g. 20%)
In winter it doesn't matter in what fast chagring station. First try it doesn't continue charging at all. All things go normal then station screen shows the car getting electricity then after that car takes it the charge then suddenly stops. Example you plug the charging port it show green then it goes to blue and says charge ceases. To work in CCS I need to charge the car on a slow charger for 10-15min while having battery heat on then it works after that.

Last edited by a moderator:
It is kind of a risk to go far if the car doesn't charge on the first try at fast charging stations.

I checked the car they said there is something wrong with my charging code and wires car can't calculate kWh or something. That's why in first try car accept and reject fast charging. They need to open battery and check wire and reset the code. Thank god it goes to my 1 year warranty 😊

I checked the car they said there is something wrong with my charging code and wires car can't calculate kWh or something. That's why in first try car accept and reject fast charging. They need to open battery and check wire and reset the code. Thank god it goes to my 1 year warranty 😊
Car to station communication malfunctions, i think.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom