New MG ZS EV owner here

Mgkev

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, new to this forum as I took delivery of my MG ZS EV last week. I have to say I’m really pleased with the car. I was dubious about the quality until I looked at one in the showroom. My Prius PHV has a much cheaper interior and dash finish than the MG. I decided that the price advantage outweighs the quirky nature of the car and I could have it within five days not so a Kia or Hyundai. I recon MG are going to take advantage of the long waiting times from their competitors and hit the market hard to get their name out there.
The only query I have is that the seatbelt light stays on and can only be extinguished if all rear belts are clicked in place regardless of anybody sitting in them. Can anybody else tell me if this is normal?
Regards Kev

Congratulations. Your first all electric car?
You're right about the waiting times. MG use batteries from the worlds second largest supplier, and there are no delivery issues like with the Korean brands.
I can't help you with your query but hopefully someone will be along soon.

Hi, new to this forum as I took delivery of my MG ZS EV last week. I have to say I’m really pleased with the car. I was dubious about the quality until I looked at one in the showroom. My Prius PHV has a much cheaper interior and dash finish than the MG. I decided that the price advantage outweighs the quirky nature of the car and I could have it within five days not so a Kia or Hyundai. I recon MG are going to take advantage of the long waiting times from their competitors and hit the market hard to get their name out there.
The only query I have is that the seatbelt light stays on and can only be extinguished if all rear belts are clicked in place regardless of anybody sitting in them. Can anybody else tell me if this is normal?
Regards Kev
Hi, I have had my MG EV for over 3 months now and I am pretty confident that I know my way around the car. You do NOT need to click in place the seat belt of ANY of the seats NOT being occupied to extinguish the seat belt light, for some reason (at least in my car) it just takes a while to go out. Try it, ignore the fact that the light is on and after a bit (quite long, I have never timed it) it WILL go out.

Hi Guys and thanks for the info, I’ll give it some time to extinguish. I also asked the dealer to check out other stock to see what happens.
Regarding the batteries, Siac who own MG, also own the factory that makes the batteries like Tesla. There’s a YouTube video of the plant.
Kev.

Welcome to the Pleasure Dome that is the Bings and Bongs of the MG ZS EV :)

You can simply press the OK button to extinguish the warning lights for the seat belts if you don't want to wait.

Thanks Dave for this I’m in Tenerife at the moment, no storm Dennis for me, can’t wait to try this out when I get back. As yet no response from my MG dealer regarding this issue, no surprise there!

HI again, back from my hols and have had time to check out the seat belt light issue. I can confirm that it does extinguish after around two minutes. I must have needed that holiday not to have noticed that one.
I did ask my Dealer for their comments on this but they never returned an answer so thank you for this forum

Good, another member posted another solution for seat belt light issue (see Dave's post above) but doesn't work on my car, I just ignore the light until it goes out.

regards

Frank

Good, another member posted another solution for seat belt light issue (see Dave's post above) but doesn't work on my car, I just ignore the light until it goes out.

regards

Frank

Hi Frank,

When the warning light is on with my car it also has a message saying to press the OK button to clear the message. If I wait a couple of minutes it does go out of its accord.

Congratulations. Your first all electric car?
You're right about the waiting times. MG use batteries from the worlds second largest supplier, and there are no delivery issues like with the Korean brands.
I can't help you with your query but hopefully someone will be along soon.
Conovirus is hurting Jaguar Land Rover parts' deliveries to UK for car assembly. Look after your MG!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom