New MG5 EV Fully Charged video

It's always disappointing when a serious channel descends to clickbait.

Also didn’t mention the different specs as the excite was driven. The Taycan starts around 70k. I quite enjoyed watching it, if it wasn’t for the review on that channel I probably would not have bought a 5. The phrase that resonates with me is “put aside your brand prejudices“ and I did 😊

It means that you are drawn in to view on the expectation that something meaningful is going to be presented when the opposite is the case. I've still no idea what the point of that feature was.

It means that you are drawn in to view on the expectation that something meaningful is going to be presented when the opposite is the case. I've still no idea what the point of that feature was.
Agree. Worst episode of Red Dwarf ever.

You have to accept that the purpose of any of their videos is to attract advertising revenue so the clickbait headlines are here to stay, take what you need from a vid and move on to the next.
They did a video recently which was ostensibly a discussion about the improving state of the English charge network but in reality turned out to be a 15 minute plug for BP by a guy from BP.

Is there another channel out there that does much for the promotion of EV's? I only know this one really. So we should be thankful someone is doing something. A lot of people bought the MG5 off the back of his first review.

Is there another channel out there that does much for the promotion of EV's? I only know this one really. So we should be thankful someone is doing something. A lot of people bought the MG5 off the back of his first review.
Electrifying with Tom Ford is pretty good.

I think that Fully Charged piece was quite good, looking at the different philosphy of two cars at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Robert Llewyllin's point about "what they're really for in the real world" is quite true; the Porsche pushes the boundaries, but ultimately it's performance (top speed and acceleration) is ludicrous on public roads. Where could you ever use that safely? And despite a couple of disparaging comments from Fred Fungus-face (or whatever he's called), he basicaly said the '5 is very comfortable, pretty well built and spec'd, and the best VFM EV out there, all of which I think is true, and all that matters to the 99.8% of people who can't afford a Tincan, sorry, Taycan...

I think that Fully Charged piece was quite good, looking at the different philosphy of two cars at the opposite ends of the spectrum. Robert Llewyllin's point about "what they're really for in the real world" is quite true; the Porsche pushes the boundaries, but ultimately it's performance (top speed and acceleration) is ludicrous on public roads. Where could you ever use that safely? And despite a couple of disparaging comments from Fred Fungus-face (or whatever he's called), he basicaly said the '5 is very comfortable, pretty well built and spec'd, and the best VFM EV out there, all of which I think is true, and all that matters to the 99.8% of people who can't afford a Tincan, sorry, Taycan...
One of the good things with the review was the "green" bit where drivers are moving from V8 estates to the Porsche. With comparing the 2 cars it's all about relativity I guess, if I could afford to buy/lease/company car the Porsche I would, I love cars, the styling, tech, performance etc. and stand the 2 side by side they are miles apart. However, when it comes down to value for money the MG5 wins.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom