New rapid chargers in Bristol at Sainburys Emersons Green

dsimpkins

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
Dropped into Sainsburys supermarket at Emersons Green in Bristol this afternoon. I was pleasantly surprised to see they've added 8 150kW rapid chargers. No app for them, work via contactless or chip and PIN only. Easy and fast to use. They look like Osprey ones, but not branded as such.

SEGChargers.jpg

They are currently installing some at my local Sainsbury's, nothing visible yet just holes and a notice, I wonder if that means the end of the free podpoints?

I had a look today while grabbing a quick 4kWh freebie, they have the same charging posts installed plus a double cabinet at the end of the row. I think they are Kempower posts but no branding showing and look the same as 'yours'. I wonder what they will cost to use?

Spotted these last week.

My ZS EV will be with me long before my home charger is installed, so these are going to be a life saver for the first few weeks of owenership. Weekly shop + charge.

You'd be surprised how much you can get in the car from a granny lead, overnight. Less than half the price. I can get 30% in the battery of my MG4 SE SR from 11.30 to 8.30. 50% from 5.30 pm to 8.30 am. Plenty for ordinary running around.

Unfortunately I have no way of even getting the granny lead plugged in overnight, i will be reliant on the installed chargers and the public network until that is done.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom