• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

New ZS EV supplied with wrong mats.....

AK OK

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi everyone,
I bought a new ZS EV 2 weeks ago & was disappointed to notice the incorrect floor mats have been fitted as part of the "protection pack".
The mats I've been "given" appear to be for a manual ICE ZS, they don't fit around the clutch foot rest & don't have the "ZS EV" embroidery on the edges. The rear mats appear to be incorrect too.

Supplying dealer, after initially telling me all was correct, say they have emailed MG for confirmation ?!

Surely the dealership could just supply the correct mats & sort it with MG themselves??

Anyone else been supplied with the wrong mats?

Who is your dealer? By just looking at the mats they can see they’re the wrong ones. What’s all the emailing MG about? What did you say when they told you that?

Hi everyone,
I bought a new ZS EV 2 weeks ago & was disappointed to notice the incorrect floor mats have been fitted as part of the "protection pack".
The mats I've been "given" appear to be for a manual ICE ZS, they don't fit around the clutch foot rest & don't have the "ZS EV" embroidery on the edges. The rear mats appear to be incorrect too.

Supplying dealer, after initially telling me all was correct, say they have emailed MG for confirmation ?!

Surely the dealership could just supply the correct mats & sort it with MG themselves??

Mine came with the Petrol Auto mats, which fit perfectly, and as I got them for free, I can live with the MG logo rather than the EV logo :) Your dealer must be acting a bit thick, as the manual Petrol mats are obviously wrong!

Mine are embroidered with the MG logo, but not "EV", they do fit perfectly though, so I think I got the same as @Paulie68 .

My experience reflects yours AK OK.
I bought my MG ZS EV and added floor mats. The mats were embroidered MG ZS and failed to fit in every respect. Obviously not EV. On returning them, the parts manager rolled his eyes and explained that the wrong part had been ordered. The part numbers are clearly different and the sales team just got it wrong.
The correct mats were duly ordered - back order - none in Australia. 2 months later I collect them. They failed to fit too. I stayed at the dealership until the parts manager confirmed that I wasn’t the problem.
The 2 serious issues in my case
1) the holes into which the anchor slips and is turned to hold them in place are too wide
2) the rear mats are too wide to fit between the front seat slide bars

Every aspect of my purchase and ownership of the MG has been excellent except the hopeless floor mats.

My experience reflects yours AK OK.
I bought my MG ZS EV and added floor mats. The mats were embroidered MG ZS and failed to fit in every respect. Obviously not EV. On returning them, the parts manager rolled his eyes and explained that the wrong part had been ordered. The part numbers are clearly different and the sales team just got it wrong.
The correct mats were duly ordered - back order - none in Australia. 2 months later I collect them. They failed to fit too. I stayed at the dealership until the parts manager confirmed that I wasn’t the problem.
The 2 serious issues in my case
1) the holes into which the anchor slips and is turned to hold them in place are too wide
2) the rear mats are too wide to fit between the front seat slide bars

Every aspect of my purchase and ownership of the MG has been excellent except the hopeless floor mats.
Hi Miles sorry to hear you have a mats issue too.

After a couple of emails with Sam Luscombe, my supplying dealer Luscombes in Leeds agreed to swap the mats for the correct "ZS EV" embroidered mats, & they are, as you say, different shapes especially the rears (which are also asymmetric so must be in the correct sides) & the drivers.
I didn't have the problem re holes in wrong places.

The dealer says that their stock of official "protection pack" option packs contain the incorrect mats & they have opened up several packs looking for the correct EV mats & found what I had fitted (ICE mats for a ZS with clutch!).

Still doesn't really explain why they were fitted & thought good enough to leave in the first place....

Perhaps the "wrong mats in protection packs" issue is a worldwide issue?

Other owners have mentioned MG changing suppliers for the mats etc so maybe there's a QC issue or two that needs addressing.

Hope you get it sorted.

Hi everyone,

Do you have a picture?👍

These are for the ZS EV…. £20 plus postage

9C4D87C7-BF6B-452D-B1C5-7FFDD3CEC437.jpeg
3C941A03-B191-4BFF-80DF-C08B22CC7FF3.jpeg
655F97BB-146C-490A-899B-F12C9A6CCE79.jpeg

I noticed that the clips don't turn and lock the mats down. Off to the car now to see if they say EV!

Hi everyone,

My dealer forgot to mention Mats & would not give free ones so bought from Ebay for £17 for the set

I opted to not buy the rather expensive package with mats they offered me so the dealer said he would be able to throw in a set of mats that was for the petrol ZS.

Honestly, if these are the petrol version ZS mats, i am okay with what i got, i read that someone said that the petrol ones would not fit as good, and there would be a cutout for the clutch pedal, but as said i think they look fine.

Attachments

• mat.jpg
    mat.jpg
    730.3 KB · Views: 106
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom