TrevH

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
Have contacted head office and after sending technical enquiry by email as they suggested they come back with a technical web site to answer questions, however they want you to pay £27 for a question or £3000!! A year for technical help ! Can you believe this company ?
What is the guarantee for? It seems they have designed this car to make further money from their customers.
Example to replace a reversing light bulb they recommend taking it to a main dealer to dismantle the rear of the car with a minimum cost of £150+ vat !
I bought a pair of halogen bulbs on Amazon for £6.50 !!!
Just got to figure a way of changing them myself without ripping a brand new car apart. No doubt that will void their guarantee too!
Growing less and less fond of this vehicle every day.

I have not looked but if you can hire ramp time getting up in the air you may be able to get to the holders, I can see them taking a part in the workshop to do a small job. I would first have a feel round by laying on my back under the car to see if you can feel the holders.

I have not looked but if you can hire ramp time getting up in the air you may be able to get to the holders, I can see them taking a part in the workshop to do a small job. I would first have a feel round by laying on my back under the car to see if you can feel the holders.
Jto You can turn the bulb holder but you can't pull it right out because the body work is in the way.

Just managed to change reversing bulbs . A bit of a struggle and working with finger tips and feel was able to turn holders, off side turns down, near side turns up and wiggle out, with a bit of manipulation managed to get fingers of both hands in there and remove old bulb and fit new then with more fiddling got holder and bulb back in . Suppose for people with small hands it would be easier!
IMG_2197.jpeg

Last edited:
Just managed to change reversing bulbs . A bit of a struggle and working with finger tips and feel was able to turn holders, off side turns down, near side turns up and wiggle out, with a bit of manipulation managed to get fingers of both hands in there and remove old bulb and fit new then with more fiddling got holder and bulb back in . Suppose for the Chinese with small hands it would be easier! View attachment 24879
Well done trev I will have to have another go.How bright are they.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom