Nottingham to London and return

Grriff

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Thought some drivers might be interested in my weekend journey from Nottingham to Ealing, London and return. I went via the M1, A43 and M40, around 140 miles.
To London, I used ACC for the first time and set it at 70mph. I found it very useful and didn't lose concentration as I thought I might. Finished with around 30% SOC at 3.2miles per kWh.
Charged at 22 kW street chargers in Ealing, so 6.5kW maximum power.
I used a Believ [sic] charger which is not on ABRP or Google maps. It charged but charger didn't switch off. Took off cable. Failed on 2nd attempt noted as 'Offline' on app. Phoned support on 0800 number. Call answered quickly and very helpful. They thought I had connected but registered zero charge. Apologised but couldn't reset charger. Believ are usually reliable and relatively cheap but you need their app
Drove round the corner to Source London chargers (not on Google Maps} . They have no screen but a light above the charging point. I used my Electroverse card. You can use a contactless debit/credit card but it involves a QR code and smartphone connection. Place card on reader, light goes from green to flashing blue. Unlock car, plug in, lock car. Light should be solid blue. I had one false start and wonder if I should have plugged in first. I checked car is charging on iSmart.
The Believ chargers were back working on Saturday and I charged from 80 to 100%
Back to Nottingham on Sunday. Only achieved 2.7 miles per kWh on way back in virtually identical traffic conditions but weather was colder and wet.
I stopped at Cherwell Valley where some chargers were unoccupied but didn't use them, and Leicester Forest Northbound which had 6 charging places, with two Gridserve chargers, both with their covers on!
Very pleased with car, rock solid on the road and soaked up the, many, potholes.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom