Octopus Energy - Sharing my Prices and thoughts - January 2023 onwards…

That's interesting, i was with OVO for years then in Jan/Feb asked about their EV tariff (as advertised on their website), they said this was an error and don't do an EV rate. I swapped to Octopus on this basis. Our 1 week old MG4 now gets its 12p/kWh charge from Octopus.
Yes I was on OVO drive last year and my deal ended 26th Feb they said no more deals they just doing a flat rate I ask what happens about charging they said no charging deals with out drive then I noticed on my account when my deal ended it still had add-on I clicked on it and it let me add my ohme again

Anyway turns out OVO opened charge anytime to all there tariffs including new customers with no cancellation fees from 1st march

I did 12 months research into installing panels and a battery. I found many various makes, but if you went online to research what panels and batteries are best that would give you good advice, once you start getting quotes. I got 8 quotes, with detailed make of panels etc, so I used my research info against what they were offering, before deciding, I used SWS NW Limited | Mechanical & Electrical Maintenance company in the end and couldn’t fault them. The Lux-batteries batteries they fitted were more expensive as they struggled to get those as per the quote, but didn't charge me anymore. I have had them 11 months and no issues at all, but you can remote in yourself to see how the well they are doing. The company can also do this if theres an issue and reset things. An Image example enclosed showing you what sone of the app shows. It shows you the battery staus, what kWh the solar are generating, hiw much consumption you have used etc. i use this every day. You can control to not charge the house battery or use the battery at night and only charge the EV, using the cheap grid rate, that way the solar will charge the house battery during the day.
Very helpful. Thank you.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom