Octopus Go Price Cut

mystreet

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Just had an email from Pete.

Great news my Go tariff is going down from 16th September, so instantly.

From 9.5p per K to

šŸ„ roll ....... 9p per K

Over the 4 hours of charging I will be 14p better off.

No mention of the standard day rate coming down!

Got the same email :)
Have they done the same for Intelligent?

From 9.5p per K to

I have just received the same email only other mention is that they will be emailing the new gas rates next week.

I have just received the same email only other mention is that they will be emailing the new gas rates next week.
Forgot about the gas price in my excitement šŸ™ƒ

It will go down, but not a lot being used atm. Wait until we turn on the central heating, all of a sudden gas price will have to go up.

What about the standard 30p ish rate? That's what we needed to go down, by a lot.

Forgot about the gas price in my excitement šŸ™ƒ

It will go down, but not a lot being used atm. Wait until we turn on the central heating, all of a sudden gas price will have to go up.

What about the standard 30p ish rate? That's what we needed to go down, by a lot.
I think the standing charge ought to be reduced too. You still get the daily charge even if you arenā€™t using any energy.

From 9.5p per K to

Can I ask : ā€œHow are you going to spend that 14p/day extra, will it change your life?ā€ šŸ¤£

The standard Octopus rate is going down to 27.something pence, so hopefully the Go & IO rates will come down as well....

Can I ask : ā€œHow are you going to spend that 14p/day extra, will it change your life?ā€ šŸ¤£
But it's not 14p per day, it's only when I take a 4 hour charge, once in a blue moon šŸ˜

I think the standing charge ought to be reduced too. You still get the daily charge even if you arenā€™t using any energy.
There are a few that don't have the standing charge, but the unit rate is a lot higher. Only useful in a holiday let or something similar

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom