Ohme Home Pro 2 charger vs Easee

barrym01

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
I'm in the process of deciding which home charger to install. I'd be grateful for any feedback on user experience, functionality, and most important, reliability.
Many thanks.

Whilst I can't answer most of your questions, I can draw your attention to the fact that the Ohme works with Intelligent Octopus, giving you a cheaper electric use window at off-peak and any charging octopus does with your car during peak hours to balance the grid is also charged at the off-peak rate.

Depending on your charging needs, access to this kind of tariff can be really cost effective, especially given most MG models have no api connectivity that could integrate in the future.

I would have made this choice vs EO had this been a thing when I signed up for charge point.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
Thanks for this, I thought intelligent octopus tarifs only apply to Ford, Tesla & VW, as I had to opt for Octopus 'Go' which I could tap into by simply set the time to 12.3- - 4.30 am on the MG app'.

Upvote 0
Thanks for this, I thought intelligent octopus tarifs only apply to Ford, Tesla & VW, as I had to opt for Octopus 'Go' which I could tap into by simply set the time to 12.3- - 4.30 am on the MG app'.

Limited to certain vehicles that provide Octopus with access to their charge state and charge timers by an API or to certain charger brands (currently only ohme) that provide octopus with the ability to remotely trigger a charge.

Upvote 0
If you chose the Ohme go for the Ohme pro I did and am happy with mine and they answer the help line phone and talk you through any questions or issues slowly so you can set it up first time.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom