OLEV grant and own limited company

AbuG

Established Member
Reaction score
I purchased the ZS EV a week ago on my limited company name and funds , also my name is on reciept too. (I requested Car should be registered in personal name, although not yet received log book)
Planning to Instal charger at my residential rented property which is where my company is registered too (we don't have any separate office building).
Want to pay for charger from my company bank account.

1. Is it better to have the residential grant install or use the business route?
2 . Is the grant amount the same for business?
3. Are there any tax implications that I need to consider if doing through business?
Many thanks.

I would recommend that you consult with your accountant so as to prevent any nasty surpises when you submit your year end accounts. 🙂

I purchased the ZS EV a week ago on my limited company name and funds , also my name is on receipt too. (I requested Car should be registered in personal name, although not yet received log book)
Planning to Instal charger at my residential rented property which is where my company is registered too (we don't have any separate office building).
Want to pay for charger from my company bank account.

1. Is it better to have the residential grant install or use the business route?
2 . Is the grant amount the same for business?
3. Are there any tax implications that I need to consider if doing through business?
Many thanks.

From what I understand that shouldn't be a problem. The company bought the car for you as a company car. From memory, you just need a letter from the Company with the company car details as proof. You can then get the personal grant to install at home.

Speak to an accountant but you should be able to sell the car to yourself in a few years time at a below market price. My accountant was saying it's a good legal way to take money out the company tax free.

I spoke to two different companies they saying would have to go down the route of company grant,.
Saying ineligible for home grant as company is registered there.
Company grant is the same value as the residential grant.
Will speak to accountant next month about their usually busy this month.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom