Onboard AC charger rate.

Kithmo

Distinguished Member
Solutions
Reaction score
Is the MG5 onboard AC charger the same as the ZS, 6.6kW ?
The reason I ask is that, according to my Smart meter monitor, SWMBO's 5 seems to be taking about 0.5kW more when on charge than my ZS.
Could the 5 be a 7.2kW ?

Everything I have ever seen says it is a 7kW. The manual talks about charging at 7kW and the readings from my Zappi seem to agree with this.

Last edited:
Is the MG5 onboard AC charger the same as the ZS, 6.6kW ?
The reason I ask is that, according to my Smart meter monitor, SWMBO's 5 seems to be taking about 0.5kW more when on charge than my ZS.
Could the 5 be a 7.2kW ?
EV Database is quoting 6.6kW AC for both models of the MG5 (other than slightly different battery sizes, both seem to have identical charging info), same as they quote for the ZS. It could be that those numbers are wrong though.

I consistently see 7.2-7.3kW on the Zappi. I imagine it's about 85% efficient so about 6.2kW makes it to the battery.

I consistently see 7.2-7.3kW on the Zappi. I imagine it's about 85% efficient so about 6.2kW makes it to the battery.
What I'm seeing with the ZS is 7.0kW, including a background of 200W in the home, but when I plugged the 5 in it went up to 7.5kW.

What I'm seeing with the ZS is 7.0kW, including a background of 200W in the home, but when I plugged the 5 in it went up to 7.5kW.
I see about 7.2 kw’s being pulled on our ZS EV according to my home energy meter.
Unsure of it’s accuracy, but I feel it is pretty close ?.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom