• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

ORA EVs forum

If you click the link you'll see it takes you to a different site. There were a few ora posts here that I think prompted the site owner to create an ora specific forum.

Maybe something interesting to those who are members on the Ora forum. First edition spec, launching in 4 colours - £30,495 after PiCG:

There'll also be a queue jump option, which isn't live yet

The Cat is aiming at a "premium" market in the same way as Mini e and the Honda e. The latter has sold very slowly despite the current favourable market, and I have never been able to see how an unknown (or one with a previously poor reputation depending on your view) company can move straight into the premium market.

Lookers dealership in Wolverhampton and Braintree to sell the Ora cat, taking orders from November for delivery later in the year?

You don't get much later in the year than November, so a quick delivery lead time it seems.

The Cat is aiming at a "premium" market in the same way as Mini e and the Honda e. The latter has sold very slowly despite the current favourable market, and I have never been able to see how an unknown (or one with a previously poor reputation depending on your view) company can move straight into the premium market.
The Mini is way over-priced for it's minimal range. The only reason people buy it is for it's looks/badge. Similar story for the Honda e.
I love the Ora Cat, but the previous poster is correct... the MG4 may have killed the Cat (and the Dolphin). It really depends on how expensive the Cat is, and how much better (as it will be better) it is than the MG4.

A year ago when it was called the Ora Cat (new name Funky Cat) it was touted as going on sale for £25,000 and caught my attention as a possible first electric car. Now on sale, the base 48kWh (193 mile range) model starts at £32,000. Watching this review made me realise what value for money I’m getting in the MG4.

The tiny boot is the dealbreaker for me, but if it does reasonably well maybe we'll get the Cherry Cat here.

Last edited:
Some amazingly cheap lease deals going around on the cat just now.
£2k down and under £250 a month.
I don’t like the looks myself, but it’s a bargain and we might to start to see more on the roads.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom