Other car forums and EVs. 🤣

salty

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Anyone go on other car forum's apart from this? Because the utter Shite that's spouted about EVs, is unbelievable, although sometimes it's actually that daft, it's funny. 🤣o_O:oops::rolleyes: Even though I haven't got an EV yet, I find myself sticking up for them, although May aswell bang me head against a brick wall. 🤪

Last edited by a moderator:
There is some good information here but threads do get hijacked.
Agreed, but I'm mostly talking about non EV forum's, as EV forum's are (mostly) gonna be positive about EVs. 🙂

I am on a couple of FB groups. One for MG5 and one on charging across Europe and the UK.

I find this set of forums and the FB ones to be very helpful and the members are EV owners. Most of the comments are helpful and informative with the odd silly comment being ignored as people know it is someone trying to pick a fight.

Like someone said above I am not really a car person and never been on car forums before. I found myself drawn here just to understand EV's better, look for ideas on how to make my life with an EV easier and be aware of any possible issues that can arise. e.g. the reason I have a 10" spanner in the car. Touch wood I have not needed it yet.

I find people on here so helpful and open to sharing their experience.

As a newbie now 1 year in I like to offer help where I can to new people starting their EV journey.

There is some good information here but threads do get hijacked.
Too many trolls there for my liking.

I went on the Golf GTi forum in 2009-10 when I got my car and it was helpful, but it was my fourth ICE car and there wasn't a lot to learn. I wandered off when a mod moved my thread about a long road trip to Bavaria from the Mk6 subforum to General Chat and it died, because my Mk6 friends didn't read that subforum. Such is life.

EV driving is so new to me that there's a huge amount to learn. I don't know what I'd have done without you guys.

I went on the Golf GTi forum in 2009-10 when I got my car and it was helpful, but it was my fourth ICE car and there wasn't a lot to learn. I wandered off when a mod moved my thread about a long road trip to Bavaria from the Mk6 subforum to General Chat and it died, because my Mk6 friends didn't read that subforum. Such is life.

EV driving is so new to me that there's a huge amount to learn. I don't know what I'd have done without you guys.
Just keep the stories coming 👍

Been there, done that, got the T shirt.

Got cheesed off with all the "my dicks bigger than your dick" BS, and teeny keyboard warriors who probably didn't even own a car!!!!

Move forward ten years and I'd thought I would join MG EV's community.

I mean, I will find only learned, knowledgeable, folk, keen to help and impart knowledge and experience.
Who also have a leaning towards doing their bit in trying to save the planet, and now I've been here a while, that is completely true.

Imagine my horror (okay, okay, dismay)

When one of my first posts was savaged by a twonk called B****r.

Just the sort of argumentative twonk I had been hoping to avoid.

He was banned eventually, so that speaks volumes in my opinion.

Anyway, I have stayed, have hopefully contributed along the way and quite enjoy the topics and banter that pop up.

Long may it continue.

As far as I can see, that fire not only didn't start in the HV battery, but it didn't even involve the HV battery. Something else has caught fire, as it can do in any vehicle.

The thing is, if that had happened in a diesel bus, it's a racing certainty that the fire would have ignited the fuel, and we'd be here.

As it was, the fire did not ignite the fuel (battery) and was much less destructive and easily controlled.

Balance Idiot.jpg

As far as I can see, that fire not only didn't start in the HV battery, but it didn't even involve the HV battery. Something else has caught fire, as it can do in any vehicle.

The thing is, if that had happened in a diesel bus, it's a racing certainty that the fire would have ignited the fuel, and we'd be here.

As it was, the fire did not ignite the fuel (battery) and was much less destructive and easily controlled.
Where is that reported please? The "usual suspects" (AEJC / MGUY Australia) have jumped on this fire 🙄 so it would be good to stick it right up them. 😁

That was my deduction from the news reports and pictures, but I saw a YouTuber say the same. Now, of course, I can't find it. Welsh guy, witters on, but it was the same conclusion.

I did post my interpretation on the Geoff Buys Cars video about it, but no response that I'm aware of.

Last edited:
Now for something completely different from BBC News:

Wimbledon: Electric double-decker bus catches fire during London rush hour​

There is no mention of it being an electric bus in that article or the comments.

It's interesting that for years car engines have been using devices such as these to create electrical sparks to ignite fuel at no point were any of the electrical components in the engine bay a reason to not buy or stop selling combustion engine cars. But as soon as you remove the combustable fuel from the equation electrics are a big issue.

Attachments

• Dist cap.jpeg
    Dist cap.jpeg
    42.8 KB · Views: 18
  • plug.jpeg
    plug.jpeg
    123.1 KB · Views: 17
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back