Ouch ! That will teach me

Silver estate

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Well went on a little 100 mile road trip today but thanks to the British weather I’m now on a grid serve charger in Menbury services @64p kWh 😱
Is dimwit ain’t got a type 2 cable yet 😧

What was your SOC when you set out?
You should have looked for a rapid PodPoint at 28p/kWh.

I had no Type two cable so I had to go for a charging point with one
soc was hundred percent but the weather’s been bad and had heating on as well as headlights this morning
all a learning curve

Last edited:
Even in the worst of weather you should be able to go much further than 100 miles from 100% full.

I had been 140 with 40 left in the battery but home was still another 20 miles after that ran out
Every days a school day as they say, it takes a while to know exactly how far you can go in different weather conditions & at what speeds, I know if I drop my speed 10mph or so on a longer journey in winter I can get quite a few more miles out of my EV before having to charge.. Or I just factor in a top up if I'm in a hurry but as mentioned above, PodPoint Rapid is the one to aim for with best prices at mo..

You could have almost bought a type 2 cable, with what that charge just cost you ! 🤣.
Imagine this picture, you finding yourself running low on charge, then sitting in front of a free A/C public post, but have no cable to connect up to it, waiting for the AA man to turn up and flat bed you home.
Lesson firmly learnt, get a cable on order.
You may not be so lucky to find an alternative charger next time.
ABC - Always Be Carrying a cable 👍.

Just ordered one off Amazon
lesson learned
like the Hitch hikers guide to the galaxy , never be with out your (charging cable) towel

Jomarkh,quite a lot of them are now at 40pence kw had a price increase in recent weeks but there is still a few waiting for an update so beware, but still I think the cheapest out there all be them only 50kw
56465022-53A1-45F9-801F-7383EDE859CE.png
Les

Oh and only one card reader working at menbury so if you only had a debit card and that charger was being used you’re fudged

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom