Oxford Westgate Shopping Centre

bwanamdevu

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
We have to visit relatives in Faringdon, near Oxford next week-end and will need to get some free electrons from somewhere, as well as taking in a few of ‘the sights’! Last time we visited Oxford I drove a Skoda so no problem thinking about where to ‘fill up‘!

A bit of research uncovers the Westgate Shopping Centre, in the middle of Oxford, which has a multitude of chargers, evidently all free and easy to use! My questions are, is this as all as easy as pie? Planning to ‘fill up’ on the Monday so what problems might I come across? Being ICE’d? Chargers out of action? Cost of parking for four or five hours?

Treat me like an ignorant idiot my friends! I await your responses.

I used the shopping centre EVSE in Southend for 6 hours and got up 97%. I had a backup plan with an Instavolt down the road and or a PodPoint Rapid.
You should be able to check, as you get near, if they are showing as in use.
Edit. Just checked and the free PodPoint in Southend re now 57p/kWh for 7kW EVSE. I thought PodPoint were 28p?

Last edited:
I used the shopping centre EVSE in Southend for 6 hours and got up 97%. I had a backup plan with an Instavolt down the road and or a PodPoint Rapid.
You should be able to check, as you get near, if they are showing as in use.
Edit. Just checked and the free PodPoint in Southend re now 57p/kWh for 7kW EVSE. I thought PodPoint were 28p?
The price of electricity has shot up for the charging networks as well as us.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom