Pedestrian Alert Control System

Ozzie

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi All

I have just purchased an ex-demonstrator ZS EV. All seems OK but the Pedestrian Alert Control System isn't sounding. Nearly ran down pedestrian on first journey. Can't find how to enable it. Dealer doesn't know answer! Any clues would be appreciated.

Not sure there is any sound. Probably when needed it just puts the brakes on quicker than you as there will be no time to react. There is a noise . Double beep, when you quickly get too close to the car in front and if you dont react to that it will slam the brakes on!. I guess it worked as you never hit anyone, as you had time to react before the car took over

Upvote 0
I thought the pedestrian sound on my ZS EV wasn't working but it's there albeit quite under a certain speed, My hearing isn't that good but when you get your hearing into it you can hear it, I actually heard my wife approach the driveway for the first time whilst in the greenhouse next to the driveway the other day.

Upvote 0
It is very quiet, but it is there, and its a legal requirement. Most other EV's are much noisier.
As I encounter a pedestrian area every day I have had to install an additional warning device which I activate with the emergency flasher system. Even that doesn't always get through deafness and/or headphones.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom