• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Peter Stevens MG - Ballarat - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Purchased a MG ZS EV from Peter Stevens Ballarat and awaiting delivery.
Points of interest; 1.Push for home charging as supplied by MG including it would take 30 hours to charge - on research we will be charging overnight on 240/10amp or maybe upgrade to a Zappi. 2.Staff (Erik) was very professional and allowed us to take the demonstrator on a good test drive. 3.Follow up queries answered promptly.

Hi Keentoknow, we purchased on 31/12 and on the contract paperwork noted a delivery date of 1/2/2021. That being said, our salesman has keep us updated and we should be on track +/- 2 days.
Price; we negotiated a better price stating we had seen on various forums that there was a healthy 10% profit margin for dealerships. We also pushed (and got) free servicing for 3 years on top of the 8 year HV Battery, 7 year car warrenty and 10 years road side service, free mats, mud flaps and boot liner. We paid extra for tint given our Aussie climate. Hope this helps

We also pushed (and got) free servicing for 3 years on top of the 8 year HV Battery, 7 year car warrenty and 10 years road side service, free mats, mud flaps and boot liner.
Geez I wish I had your negotiation skills.

Do you mind sharing what your ended up paying? My dealer is noting the margins are tight, and now the EV subsidy has "increased interest".....I was hoping to get it at $40K incl. subsidy (help with our near future expenses).

Geez I wish I had your negotiation skills.

Do you mind sharing what your ended up paying? My dealer is noting the margins are tight, and now the EV subsidy has "increased interest".....I was hoping to get it at $40K incl. subsidy (help with our near future expenses).
To be honest @PleasureMachine it was the wife that did the deal. If your from Vic, its a no brainer that you should be getting the car for under 40k. If you want more info, private message and we are more than happy to help

Cool I have decided to go with a BYD EV after a rude over the phone experience with my local MG dealer. All the best with your MG ZS Ev purchases
Hi @Ozpete5000 Albeit my wife has a MGZSEV, l have been looking at the BYD cars as well (Tang) If this car with a 74kwh (usable) battery comes in at under 50k (AUD) l think l will take the plunge myself. Keep in touch and let me know via private messages if you hear anything.

Oh, and for what it's worth. A fellow EV friend from WA was also upset with his dealer so he purchased from Ballarat and drove the car back to Perth. You have other options if your heart is with the MGZSEV. It still is a great car
cheers

Sorry, GeoffNewport but the BYD EV's will be far superior to your wife's MG ZS EV, but I understand most people bought this vehicle because at the time it was the most affordable in Australia. Maybe if they bring the Marvel R here, that can compete.

BYD Ev's include standard technology others have on their high-end models, Blade Battery Technology which is cutting edge especially when it comes to safety, and better range, 500km for the EA1 hatchback and somewhere in the range of 400-450km for the Tang SUV EV and will represent better value than the MG Zs EV when it goes on sale.

If the leaked pricing is correct their EA1 hatchback will be under $35,000 driveaway or under $32,000 driveaway if you live in Victoria with the EV Victorian government incentive. The 7 seater Tang SUV with dual motors, heated and cooled leather seats, DAB radio, a Power Liftgate, a huge tablet-style infotainment screen that electrically rotates from portrait to landscape or back to portrait mode at the push of a button, mood lighting, Panoramic roof, etc for under $50,000 driveaway or under $47,000 driveaway if you live in Victoria with the EV Victorian government incentive.

This Brand is going to finally give Australian's Quality and affordable EV's with a decent range. I don't think you will be disappointed with the Tang EV Geoff if it does come in at under $50,000 grand. I have registered to be inline when the order books open on the 1st of July. I'm also happy to report the Tang can be ordered with a full black interior, I was not too keen on the brown coloured facings on the upper and lower seats, lower steering wheel and other brown accents in certain locations. I also hope all the windows have some sort of tinting for our hot summers.

Last edited:
I'm also happy to report ...

On May 2nd you already said good bye, yet you're still here.

In addition you seem to have plenty of information that is not publicly available elsewhere.

Care to explain your enthusiasm and detailed insights? I'm not sure what the policies of this forum are regarding sockpuppeting. Or maybe I'm just overly suspicious and it's a lack of BYD forums that keeps you here...

If you do a search you can find all the information I have said to people, other members have asked me questions about this company so I answer their questions, so perhaps you are a naturally suspicious person and the first to have an issue with members curiosity.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom