Petrol shortage! Who’s laughing now!

Reported on the national news that BP and a few others had closed some of their fuel stations due to the lack of HGV drivers.
Not fuel - but drivers.
Asking people not to panic buy.
What do people do, when you ask them NOT to panic buy ?.
The very opposite of course !.
This then makes the problem 100 times worse, as people are filling up their tanks to the brim, merely to make a daily trip to the paper shop and back, a distance of 2 miles.
Crazy crazy people !.

I am in my ICE today to give it a run. I have a quarter of a tank do I fill it up on the way home ?

I am in my ICE today to give it a run. I have a quarter of a tank do I fill it up on the way home ?
Given the way things are going, I'm tending to not let my small ICE vehicle go below 3/4 tank - means I still only add 1/4 at most & since I'm doing occasional short journeys to shops in a small car, carrying the extra few litres about doesn't impact MPG appreciably. And it'll come in handy when the power outages start 🤣

FqQIwUIl.jpg

We passed by our local large Shell fossil station this morning ( Friday ) at about 10.30am and it was full of cars at every pump, plus another row of cars behind.
At 4.30pm ( after a nice day out in the EV ) we passed the same station again.
This time they where even MORE busy !.
Are people panic buying, of course they are.
Although the press have reporting there is NOT a shortage of fuel ( but HGV drivers ) there very shortly will be a shortage of fuel next week at this rate.
Everybody running around with more fuel than they really need in their tanks.
Keep going folks !.
Used EV prices are likely to be driven even higher, if this lot carries on.
Full battery this morning with around 155 miles of range, set out on a know trip.
About half way there, hit a “Road Closed” ahead sign - nice.
Got diverted across a strange unfamiliar route, across the Cheshire county side.
Finally arrived at our destination, had a nice lunch and a lovely day out, returned home via another route to try and avoid the diversion.
Total mileage covered, very close to 100 miles today.
Arrived home with a surprising 100 miles of range, still remaining on the GOM.
Checked the trips, we averaged 5.9 kWh’s with an ambient temperature around 22 degrees.
We had charged from the comfort of your own driveway at 8 p/kw the night before.
No HVAC needed for the trip, just sun roof tripped back.
THAT’S what I call convenient / cheap motoring folks.
Sorry, but the “Smug Factor” is hitting the top of the scale right now.
If this petrol thing gets any worse, then EV demand is only going to rise.

We passed by our local large Shell fossil station this morning ( Friday ) at about 10.30am and it was full of cars at every pump, plus another row of cars behind.
At 4.30pm ( after a nice day out in the EV ) we passed the same station again.
This time they where even MORE busy !.
Are people panic buying, of course they are.
Although the press have reporting there is NOT a shortage of fuel ( but HGV drivers ) there very shortly will be a shortage of fuel next week at this rate.
Everybody running around with more fuel than they really need in their tanks.
Keep going folks !.
Used EV prices are likely to be driven even higher, if this lot carries on.
Full battery this morning with around 155 miles of range, set out on a know trip.
About half way there, hit a “Road Closed” ahead sign - nice.
Got diverted across a strange unfamiliar route, across the Cheshire county side.
Finally arrived at our destination, had a nice lunch and a lovely day out, returned home via another route to try and avoid the diversion.
Total mileage covered, very close to 100 miles today.
Arrived home with a surprising 100 miles of range, still remaining on the GOM.
Checked the trips, we averaged 5.9 kWh’s with an ambient temperature around 22 degrees.
We had charged from the comfort of your own driveway at 8 p/kw the night before.
No HVAC needed for the trip, just sun roof tripped back.
THAT’S what I call convenient / cheap motoring folks.
Sorry, but the “Smug Factor” is hitting the top of the scale right now.
If this petrol thing gets any worse, then EV demand is only going to rise.
Ha ha ha….love this message. I’ve got to go to Peterborough on Monday, already found my free Tesco energy top up and then home by Bury St Edmonds and Ipswich, back to Essex…big smile 😊

Lots of people being reactive about buying fuel rather than proactive. Same thing happened with toilet rolls and various other commodities. And will again.

“If You Fail to Plan, You Are Planning to Fail!”

Same is true of route planning and EV charger stops 😉

Where is this fuel shortage happening? The UK?
Yes. Not because of lack of fuel in country, but lack of HGV drivers to drive the deliveries to the forecourts.

The press reported about a handful was closed because of the drivers shortage and everyone swarmed to the petrol station to fill up for "the impending doom". My local petrol station (asda) has now closed and now I cant wash my car.

My local petrol station (asda) has now closed and now I cant wash my car.
If it’s one of them horrible “Brush Spinning” washes, if so then they have done you a big favour !.
They are the devil's work for your paint work.
Never used a car wash in my life, I don’t think I am missing much to be honest.
I will not even let the dealer wash my cars.
I had a lady stop me yesterday leaving my car and asked me what colour my car was ?.
When I told her ( #Teamred ).
She said :- “Do you know if they sell a lip stick in that colour !”.
AS IF !!!!!! 🤣.
My wife thought that was a brilliant question to ask - WHY ?????.
May make a good touch up pen though 😂.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom