BasildonBrian

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I find the phone interface poor and not conducive to handling calls on the move. Am I doing something wrong - is there a better guide? Need to access a favourites screen with say 5 numbers for easy access without too much time for eyes away from the road.

out of interest what phone?

I have an android (Samsung) and it gives recent and also contacts that are classified as VIP’s that are stored on the phone.
Apple iPhone - up to date IOS It has another problem in that just phoning recents, I get 'the number does not exist' - ridiculous as the phone on its own works perfectly. My Skoda and Mercedes interfaces have always worked perfectly, this MG one seems flawed.

I always go to the recents option.
Most car phone interfaces have a 'favourites', just like radio station 'favourites' - recents isn't good enough as my home or wife number may not be that recent.

Apple iPhone - up to date IOS It has another problem in that just phoning recents, I get 'the number does not exist' - ridiculous as the phone on its own works perfectly. My Skoda and Mercedes interfaces have always worked perfectly, this MG one seems flawed.
I have my Samsung mobile phone connected through BT and get a similar answer. I ask it to phone a person and it finds the person together with the number on my contact list, however i get the msg "the number does not exist". I tried phoning directly from my phone (when i am inside the car) and still i get the same msg. I am suspecting that the sim card inside the car is a British one and i live in Malta. Can somebody confirm or help

I have my Samsung mobile phone connected through BT and get a similar answer. I ask it to phone a person and it finds the person together with the number on my contact list, however i get the msg "the number does not exist". I tried phoning directly from my phone (when i am inside the car) and still i get the same msg. I am suspecting that the sim card inside the car is a British one and i live in Malta. Can somebody confirm or help
calls should go through your phone SIM card. this "the number does not exist" happens with all numbers you call ?
what happens when you disconnect Bluetooth and just call the same number from your phone?

Most car phone interfaces have a 'favourites', just like radio station 'favourites' - recents isn't good enough as my home or wife number may not be that recent.

I was just looking at the manual to see what's available and it seems you are right, no "favourites" tab which would be usefull...

the only solution for the time being that I can think of - call your wife more often and she'll be in "recent" tab 😉

joking aside, have you tried with Car Play? - I don't know how are the calls arranged on it but on my Android Auto, you can just say "call XYZ" and it goes ... no fiddling with contacts

With Android Auto it works perfect. On Bluetooth it gives "number does not exist".

Last edited by a moderator:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom