Plans in England for car chargers in all commercial car parks quietly rolled back...

Shrink Proof

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
According to this headline article today. Lousy news by the sound of it.

And it would mean that Johnson was lying when he "announced plans last month for a charging point to be required for every new or refurbished residential building from next year amid great fanfare, saying the regulations were “world-leading”". I mean, Johnson lying - I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you...

And it would mean that Johnson was lying when he "announced plans last month for a charging point to be required for every new or refurbished residential building from next year amid great fanfare, saying the regulations were “world-leading”". I mean, Johnson lying - I'm shocked. Shocked, I tell you...
I'm confused.
The article as your post title suggests is about commercial car parks and buildings.
Then you conflate this politically to include different residential legislation that is not mentioned or affected.
Personally I enjoy reading these forums because it is about all things EV and I hope it doesn't turn into a political bear pit.

Fair point, and I don't want that either, though in mitigation (a) I was simply quoting from the article and (b) the fact that Johnson lies when he promises us all the moon on a stick is hardly a matter of debate.

However, whatever you think of it, the transition from ICE to EV will inevitably have a political dimension - hence discussions about grants towards the costs of cars and chargers, for example.

Fair point, and I don't want that either, though in mitigation (a) I was simply quoting from the article and (b) the fact that Johnson lies when he promises us all the moon on a stick is hardly a matter of debate.

However, whatever you think of it, the transition from ICE to EV will inevitably have a political dimension - hence discussions about grants towards the costs of cars and chargers, for example.

You say you were quoting the article. Yes you quoted the bit that mentioned the residential announcement in the article but had nothing to do with the commercial plans being rolled back, so was completely out of context (a great political trick) You also added your own comment saying 'it would mean that Johnson was lying when he announced', (the residential plans) and I quote you.
Have those residential plans been rolled back ? Or perhaps you have just attempted to put your own political bias and personal feelings into something that has not been announced.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom