Pod Point - changing wifi network help

superhans

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
Not an MG
Hello,

We got our Pod Point Solo 3 installed today and the engineer hooked it up to our main wifi, which is quite far from the charger and drops out, rather than the extender we put in specifically for it!

Does anyone know how to change from one wifi network to another? The charger still isn’t showing on my pod point app (they said it could take a couple of days), anyone got any ideas?

Tell the engineer that it needs to be swapped over and you won't be paying for the installation until he/she returns and sorts it?

Agree with getting them back.

My installer asked me which of my APs I wanted to use I said the one with the strongest signal at charger? Anyway I later changed my wifi to a MESH system and had to set up again.

Turn off the existing WiFi networks completely!
Reset PodPoint should show white lED
(removing power to charger for a few minutes with old WiFi off will force reset)
Turn WiFi back on
On a WiFi connected device (laptop?)
Open browser and and type 192.168.1.1
New connection (best AP) can be set from Pod Point pages

Good tool for finding confirming the best signal at the pod point on a mobile is shown below. This one is simple to use and good enough for this task, but others are available. Another tip I moved one of my Wifi AP nearer to the PodPoint charger when I installed the MESH system.

Good luck.

Well done C6MFC, I know exactly who to call on should I ever get a problem with my WiFi connection, just hope I never need your valuable assistance! (done a screenshot of your instructions just in case)

Hello,

We got our Pod Point Solo 3 installed today and the engineer hooked it up to our main wifi, which is quite far from the charger and drops out, rather than the extender we put in specifically for it!

Does anyone know how to change from one wifi network to another? The charger still isn’t showing on my pod point app (they said it could take a couple of days), anyone got any ideas?
You have to link it first to the Pod point by using an internet address they give you in the book. . If you haven’t got it I can get it for you. Have you got your Pod point I’d no. Once you have inputted your cost per kw into your profile it works out the amount and cost of your charges. Mine even shows free by charges on Tesco sites.

You have to link it first to the Pod point by using an internet address they give you in the book. . If you haven’t got it I can get it for you. Have you got your Pod point I’d no. Once you have inputted your cost per kw into your profile it works out the amount and cost of your charges. Mine even shows free by charges on Tesco sites.
Just seen it’s already answered. Ignore my ramblings

Just changed my provider and it was a nightmare doing this. Nothing seemed to work even the above.
Here's what I did.
This worked for me eventually, it took several attempts after having to turn off various things on my Galaxy Tab A7.
Turned my router's Wifi signal off, turned off "Auto reconnect" for my home Wifi so it wouldn't keep defaulting to that instead of the Podpoint router.
After connecting to the "Podpoint" wifi, I had to switch my home wifi back on before clicking on the "manage router" tab or I wouldn't see my home wifi on the list of available networks, fortunately it went to the Podpoint 192.168.1.1 page and not my home router, AVG security didn't like the open security of the Podpoint router page, had to tell it to ignore the warning.
It took 3 or 4 presses of the "Connect" button before it proceeded from the "process failed" message that kept popping up.
Then finally in a few minutes the LED turned blue and I could see it in the list of connected devices as "xxxxxx my simple link" on my router with a green light saying it's connected.
There was another instance of it listed but not connected, probably one of my previous failed attempts that almost worked.

Just changed my provider and it was a nightmare doing this. Nothing seemed to work even the above.
Here's what I did.
This worked for me eventually, it took several attempts after having to turn off various things on my Galaxy Tab A7.
Turned my router's Wifi signal off, turned off "Auto reconnect" for my home Wifi so it wouldn't keep defaulting to that instead of the Podpoint router.
After connecting to the "Podpoint" wifi, I had to switch my home wifi back on before clicking on the "manage router" tab or I wouldn't see my home wifi on the list of available networks, fortunately it went to the Podpoint 192.168.1.1 page and not my home router, AVG security didn't like the open security of the Podpoint router page, had to tell it to ignore the warning.
It took 3 or 4 presses of the "Connect" button before it proceeded from the "process failed" message that kept popping up.
Then finally in a few minutes the LED turned blue and I could see it in the list of connected devices as "xxxxxx my simple link" on my router with a green light saying it's connected.
There was another instance of it listed but not connected, probably one of my previous failed attempts that almost worked.
When we changed providers we just changed our new routers WiFi name and password to the same as the old one 😂😂

When we changed providers we just changed our new routers WiFi name and password to the same as the old one 😂😂
That was my plan, but the router settings page wouldn't let me change it, every time I changed the name and saved it, it reverted back to the original. :(

I found it difficult to reconfigure home network settings as my phone would not hold ‘podpoint’ connection for more than a few seconds. After various attempts, nearly two hours, I used an older phone and it worked first time.

I found it difficult to reconfigure home network settings as my phone would not hold ‘podpoint’ connection for more than a few seconds. After various attempts, nearly two hours, I used an older phone and it worked first time.
I've found out since that I can access the Pod point connection on my Samsung Galaxy Tab ok for next time.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom