Podcast contributor biographies

Reaction score
Skipton, North Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Miles Roberts
Innovation Development Manager at Chorley Group
I started getting interested in hybrid and plug-in cars back in 2010, when I was working as a technical trainer at a garage equipment company. I've been exclusively driving electric cars since 2015, and in 2019 we got rid of my wife's hybrid and so are now a 2 EV family.
Through my work, I've driven lots of different EVs, but I've currently got an MG5, and my wife has an MG ZS EV.
PXL_20210319_172150194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Newport, Wales
Driving
MG ZS EV
Michael Fisher
After moving into my current house in early 2019, which had solar panels fitted (2013) and off-street drive, I wanted to get rid of my diesel ford fiesta when I could. I wanted an EV that cost less than £28,000, could easily do 100miles and be the same or larger size than the fiesta. The decision to switch to MG ZS EV was made in very early 2020, when seeing positive reviews and very affordable price for the car with WLTP range of 163 miles. Now when I have a day off work and it's sunny, I want to stay home so that I can get a free solar charge for the car :LOL:.
20200527_143704.jpg

Mr C

Reaction score
UK
Driving
MG5 EV
Mark Calvert
I was interested in electric cars years ago and I drive a lot for work. I needed a car that would give me a reliable commuting range of 120 miles a day, at the time there was nothing suitable. Since then, I have had a diesel Audi and Mercedes. The lockdown made me review my finances, I realised both cars were expensive to maintain, I was also spending £480 a month on diesel and insurance. I started to see adverts for the MG5 SW EV and YouTube reviews, I was hooked. I realised the timing was right and with the MG5’s range and size I could replace both cars with one. I decided to make the leap and go electric and save a lot of money. I have joined the MG podcast to share my experience as a new EV owner and encourage others to follow and go electric.
MG5 EV.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeRES

Standard Member
Reaction score
Shrewsbury, UK
Driving
MG ZS EV
Mike Abbott
I was introduced to EVs for a project to reverse engineer a 2011 Nissan LEAF during my doctorate at Warwick University. Since then I have been hooked on EVs, and reverse engineering vehicle systems. In 2018 I bought my first LEAF, and in 2020 I completed the EV only household goal with a ZS EV. I have been behind some of the early reverse engineering efforts on the ZS and helped develop the OVMS system integration for MG EVs. I love tech and setup RES Ltd. as a way to document and share knowlege for everyone.
Image is my two EVs whilst the MG is being worked on.
IMG_20200806_091510.jpg

Reaction score
Inverness, Scotland
Driving
MG ZS EV
I’m Dave Stewart, I live in Inverness, and until buying my ZS in March 2020, I was an EV “newbie”.

I’ve now clocked up 10.5k miles and love the car. To prove that the car would be fit for purpose, one of the first things we did was complete the North Coast 500 in 3 days (too short a time to really enjoy it!). Despite one or two issues, such as a burst charger where I most definitely needed a working charger, it was great fun and again, I learned a lot.

As you may glean from the podcasts, I am no technological genius, far from it, and the MGEV Community Forum and the podcasts have been a great source of information for me.

IMG-20200310-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20200611_160944.jpg

Reaction score
South Wales
Driving
MG ZS EV
I'm Shawn Cullen - known as shawncullen on the forum (I like to keep things simple). An Englishman in Wales (the 6 Nations were fun this year), myself and my now wife Jules moved down to Cardiff to attend University 25 years ago and never returned home. Now living smack bang in between Swansea and Cardiff, just off the M4, I work for a newly formed arms length public body looking at the rights of EU citizens within the UK.

Hobbies include recording music (you may have seen the guitars and piano when on camera on the podcast), travel (when we can) and writing and reading. Also like food and wine.

New to the EV arena. Had a whole host of vehicles prior to my ZS EV which I took delivery of mid-November 2020, including a couple of Alfas (GT and GTV), Subarus (Imprezas, and currently a Levorg alongside our EV), a Jaguar (just because the week before I had watched an episode of The Equalizer...), Landrover Freelanders, an MX5, a SmartCar Coupe, and a Ford Maverick with an All- American Shift Stick on the steering wheel.

So coming to the MG ZS EV was a completely different direction for me. But, on starting a new job last year, I decided to undertake some research, watch some YouTube videos, spend a lot of time on this helpful forum, before taking the plunge. And I am so glad I did. You get a quality vehicle, with impressive tech, for a fantastic price and the running costs are so minute for us, it is ridiculous. Should have made the jump years ago.

I've said it before and I will say it again, I cannot see myself going back to an ICE car after enjoying the EV ride.

IMG_4401.jpeg

Reaction score
Southampton
Driving
MG5 EV
Stuart Whitman, living in The New Forest, loving my MG 5. I took a leap of faith and have had the car since the end of 2020. I was keen to get an EV but didn't know much about them. I am a car fanatic, love cars especially the fast ones. The past 10 years I've had 6 Mercedes and decided I'd had enough of the high servicing/running costs and decided to go for the MG. I really enjoy planning journeys and saving the £'s.

One of the reasons I went for the estate was because I have 4 dogs and they all fit in the boot. I'm a Trainer in the Care Industry working all over the South of England and need the boot for equipment also I love DIY projects so need the folded seats when I get materials.

I'm a keen Southampton supporter and "enjoy" going to games home and away.
IMG_6467.jpg
IMG_2230.jpg

Reaction score
Atherstone, UK
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi, I am Dave Bell, retired rolling stock (trains) engineer, living in an ex mining village in North Warwickshire.
In my last few work years I was involved with transport innovation as an industry advisor to DfT.
My last project was the concept design and demonstration of a battery powered commuter unit to replace Diesel powered units. This sparked my EV interest but nothing really worked for me at the time.
In 2017 I bought my first EV, a Leaf 30, and joined the Facebook page as an admin. Tried out the press launch MG ZS and ordered in July 2019. #TeamBlue.

Tech and Wheels

Standard Member
Reaction score
Norway
Driving
MG ZS EV
Patrick Breitenstein born in 1971 in switzerland, curently living in Drøbak, Norway. I own one of the first Norwegian sold first Gen. MG ZS EV. bought it in march 2019. (my first new car)
and i also have a Mitsubishi E-Miev (fun car to drive)
I have a partner (MossAutosenter) inNorway that contacted me to do some videos about the MG's
Since no one knew about the car i started doing youtube videos as a hobby, about the car and the functionality, My Channel Don't forget to subscribe ;-)
I am proud to be a member of this community and i Hope that we can grow together for the best of all the MG enthusiast.
If you want to know more about me.. just ask.

20210321_163913.jpg

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

2021 refresh MG ZS EV press launch update
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Top Bottom