• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Podcast contributor biographies

Miles Roberts CG

Prominent Member
MGEVs.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Miles Roberts
Innovation Development Manager at Chorley Group
I started getting interested in hybrid and plug-in cars back in 2010, when I was working as a technical trainer at a garage equipment company. I've been exclusively driving electric cars since 2015, and in 2019 we got rid of my wife's hybrid and so are now a 2 EV family.
Through my work, I've driven lots of different EVs, but I've currently got an MG5, and my wife has an MG ZS EV.
PXL_20210319_172150194.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I’m Dave Stewart, I live in Inverness, and until buying my ZS in March 2020, I was an EV “newbie”.

I’ve now clocked up 10.5k miles and love the car. To prove that the car would be fit for purpose, one of the first things we did was complete the North Coast 500 in 3 days (too short a time to really enjoy it!). Despite one or two issues, such as a burst charger where I most definitely needed a working charger, it was great fun and again, I learned a lot.

As you may glean from the podcasts, I am no technological genius, far from it, and the MGEV Community Forum and the podcasts have been a great source of information for me.

IMG-20200310-WA0000.jpg

IMG_20200611_160944.jpg

I'm Tom Sedge, currently the right side of 50 (but not for long!), my background is varied, I have technical programming skills and experience in people management, training, coaching and consulting.

We have our first EV, an MG4 which arrived in March 2022, Foxy she is called (picture below).

So far we have been very happy with her, aside from software bugs and a recent problem that has developed preventing us from AC charging. However, she has never let us down.
IMG_7553.jpeg

I'm Vince Williams, ex Royal Air Force tech for 32 yrs so understand most mechanical and electrical systems followed by 19 yrs software development and support background with BAE Systems. Now retired and enjoying life.
Started our EV journey with a Prius in 2009, then Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV in 2015. Got our first full Battery EV in 2019 with the MK1 ZSEV then traded that in for a Mk2 Long Range ZSEV when they first came out. Love the whole EV experience. Also got Solar, house Battery System, Air Source Heat Pump and therefore low energy bills.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom