Poll on owning & using a Type 2 "fast" charge cable

Do you own a Type 2 cable and do you use it?

• Total voters
Got a freebie from the dealer but bought one anyway as a backup.

Call me paranoid, but spending £120 to have a spare versus the aggro if I got stranded seemed sensible.

Also, whilst Ive got a tethered charger at home I need a Type 2 for the works chargers

Got a freebie from the dealer but bought one anyway as a backup.

Call me paranoid, but spending £120 to have a spare versus the aggro if I got stranded seemed sensible.

Also, whilst Ive got a tethered charger at home I need a Type 2 for the works chargers
I have two type 2 cables one in the frunk and one in the boot.
I also have two 'grannies' and two 7kW home EVSE'S (only because I changed my Ohme for a Zappi to get the most from my solar panels)

I have a tethered Zappi at home which I use with solar PV, but when out shopping I never turn my nose up at a free charge at a supermarket, if it’s available, why the hell would I, so yes I have a type 2-T2 cable for that plus I travel away from home a bit and lots of hotels and attractions you might visit have or are installing charge points some are free some are not, but on everyone I have come across so far you need your own charging cable, so I always carry mine everywhere I go i even carry a 10 meter 13amp extension lead in case I have to use the granny, which I also carry everywhere.

Along with a 10 mm, and an adjustable spanner, a double ended screwdriver a spacer saver spare wheel (MG), a jack and telescopic wheel brace just like
( lovemyev above ) I think me and him are old school.

No if you have an EV then get everything you can too charge it, which ever way you can plus give yourself a chance to fix it where ever you might be if something goes wrong that’s what I say.
Les

Last edited:
I have two type 2 cables one in the frunk and one in the boot.
I also have two 'grannies' and two 7kW home EVSE'S (only because I changed my Ohme for a Zappi to get the most from my solar panels)
Double Dutch to me. :)

I have a type 2 cable but then I have an untethered 7kW home charger, and I wanted to make the best possible use of my 4hr 7.5p/kWh window. I haven't used it anywhere apart from home since the end of July.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom