Problems with EO charger and MG4

Status
Not open for further replies.

adam2108

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 SE LR
I have a MG4 and having trouble with charging it. The house "charger" I had installed, an EO mini, doesn’t seem to charge it. The "charger" is in the line, but the car won’t accept it. All other "chargers" are working when I plug in.

Last edited by a moderator:
First thing to check is that you haven't got a charging schedule set on the charger, in the car or on the iSmart app.

When you say "all other chargers" do you mean public chargers or other home chargers?

Have you ever been able to charge at home?

If you have been able to charge at home but now can't and are only able to charge on public chargers you might need a software update or a new CCU. Either way you will need to go to your dealers.

No schedules set, it charges with the granny plug, public fast & normal chargers & the work charger.
The car is only 3 months old.
It has never charged at home & I've been on to ppower whom I got it from. They are saying the 32amp fuse that was fitted is fine. But the fuse that came with the EO charger was bigger.

No schedules set, it charges with the granny plug, public fast & normal chargers & the work charger.
The car is only 3 months old.
It has never charged at home & I've been on to ppower whom I got it from. They are saying the 32amp fuse that was fitted is fine. But the fuse that came with the EO charger was bigger.
I'm no electrical or MG4 expert but logic dictates that if the car charges everywhere else then the problem isn't the car.

I'm locking this thread because there is an identical one in the MG4 forum. Alternatively I could merge these posts in there, but I thought it might be confusing. To continue the discussion, pleas go here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom