LucLisette

Novice Member
Reaction score
Driving
Marvel R
Hello, my English is not very good so I translated with google.
`
We have an MG Marvel R and are generally satisfied with it.
However, some things are very disturbing and I would like to do something about them if possible.

1 The speed assistant does not remain at the selected setting. (Disable - intelligent - manual)
We always choose manual and have to do this again with every restart.

2 Track assistant is far too brutal and we want it to be turned off by default.
However, the warning signal may remain if possible.

3 Regeneration always starts at 2, why not at 3.
An explanation that the battery could be full is of course nonsense. This can also happen in mode 2.

4 If you park forwards, the camera and front sensors do not turn on automatically.
First search for camera, then set PDC on the information screen. (PDC also does not stay on)
It then takes far too long to set all this up. These things should turn on automatically as soon as you come close to an obstacle.

5 Seat memory you have to keep the button pressed.
It is better to go to the desired position with a single press.

Points 1 and 2 are the most disturbing for us and I would like to solve them.
I've gotten to the point where I can get into the engineering mode of the car and have the code.
Is there anyone with knowledge who sees an opportunity here to solve some disturbing points?

Number 1 . I think you can only put it manual so it doesn't annoying you driving in 30km place at 30km
About regen it always stay at 2 unfortunately it doesn't stay at 3 you need to put at 3 auto manually
Number 5 if you set the memory it remember by the keys whos one is whos

Number 1 . I think you can only put it manual so it doesn't annoying you driving in 30km place at 30km
About regen it always stay at 2 unfortunately it doesn't stay at 3 you need to put at 3 auto manually
Number 5 if you set the memory it remember by the keys whos one is whos
And even i ask dealer to remove my seat belt sound when they don't wear it belt at back seat he said this new car doesn't give to over write codes

And even i ask dealer to remove my seat belt sound when they don't wear it belt at back seat he said this new car doesn't give to over write codes
It is just matter of time when update the car

Hello, my English is not very good so I translated with google.
`
We have an MG Marvel R and are generally satisfied with it.
However, some things are very disturbing and I would like to do something about them if possible.

1 The speed assistant does not remain at the selected setting. (Disable - intelligent - manual)
We always choose manual and have to do this again with every restart.

2 Track assistant is far too brutal and we want it to be turned off by default.
However, the warning signal may remain if possible.

3 Regeneration always starts at 2, why not at 3.
An explanation that the battery could be full is of course nonsense. This can also happen in mode 2.

4 If you park forwards, the camera and front sensors do not turn on automatically.
First search for camera, then set PDC on the information screen. (PDC also does not stay on)
It then takes far too long to set all this up. These things should turn on automatically as soon as you come close to an obstacle.

5 Seat memory you have to keep the button pressed.
It is better to go to the desired position with a single press.

Points 1 and 2 are the most disturbing for us and I would like to solve them.
I've gotten to the point where I can get into the engineering mode of the car and have the code.
Is there anyone with knowledge who sees an opportunity here to solve some disturbing points?
Atleast in Europe you can't do anything for number 2 because it's mandatory by law to be on every time you start your car.

Hello,

The car has the R23 software. I know a later version won't change this much. (EU rules)
That is why I would like to intervene in the software myself. I have access to the car's (hidden) software settings, but I don't have enough knowledge to make changes here.
Anyone can get into these hidden settings, but if you don't know what you're doing the consequences are unpredictable.
That's why I'm asking if anyone has the knowledge to make changes here.

Hello,

The car has the R23 software. I know a later version won't change this much. (EU rules)
That is why I would like to intervene in the software myself. I have access to the car's (hidden) software settings, but I don't have enough knowledge to make changes here.
Anyone can get into these hidden settings, but if you don't know what you're doing the consequences are unpredictable.
That's why I'm asking if anyone has the knowledge to make changes here.
I think number 2 isn't that bad on r24 software. They might have done something to it.

Hello,
Go to this Official MG SAIC motor site: MG - Repair & Maintenance Information

You can search if there is any after sales professional self re -programming for the MG Marvel R.

You must first make an account, search, downloads, then pay the fee per E- mail coding.

I had once purchase for me (only) the brochures all PDF that I attached as pictures.

But remember, read the AGB, there are certainly thinks that you not allowed to change for this car.
And for me personally i would not change any software code as IT IS A FAR TOO DANGEROUS especially for electric cars.

Regards

Attachments

• Screenshot (818).png
    Screenshot (818).png
    781.1 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot (819).png
    Screenshot (819).png
    778.6 KB · Views: 43
  • Screenshot (820).png
    Screenshot (820).png
    954.1 KB · Views: 43
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all,

Try the following:
Settings - system - Click 5 times in quick succession on infotainment mainframe - code 200519
There must be opportunities here if you know what you are doing.

You cannot change number 2 as it's EU law to satisfy safety standards. It only takes a second to disable it. I agree though that it's dangerous on small country roads if you leave it on. I changed the greeting to say "turn lane keeping off" to remind me !!

Regarding regen, if your battery is 100% you cannot have regen as there is nowhere for the regained power to go. Battery will start to accept regen around 97%. It always starts in number 2 as default. Once again, it takes only a second to change it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom