Products For Piano Back Trim

Alan59

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Any tips on products to clean and protect shiny black piano trim? I have had a facelift MG5 SE for just over a week and it has quite a lot of that trim.
Also, after 800 miles I have 2 stone chips on rear door, only through to primer, no bare metal showing so touch up will suffice. Struggling to source a touch up pencil/paint in Dynamic Red, paint code 5RSJ. Any tips, folks?

Any tips on products to clean and protect shiny black piano trim? I have had a facelift MG5 SE for just over a week and it has quite a lot of that trim.
Also, after 800 miles I have 2 stone chips on rear door, only through to primer, no bare metal showing so touch up will suffice. Struggling to source a touch up pencil/paint in Dynamic Red, paint code 5RSJ. Any tips, folks?
Silly question but have you tried MG dealers parts departments ? If so where else have you looked ?

There's a link somewhere on here for touch up sticks on eBay much cheaper then the gen mg ones. You'll need your paint code.

MG dealer said touch up paint was on "back order". Meanwhile, I went for a touch up paint pen from the Touch Up Paint Factory. Regarding piano black trim cleaning, MG's recommendation in the user manual is to use diluted upholstery cleaner, followed by a damp microfibre cloth. Still looking for a product to protect against scratches.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom