Pulling to the left

Mgzs2022nic

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Hi all

Collected our 2022 trophy connected yesterday, when I test drove it, it was pulling to the left, mentioned this to sales guy. He said he’d get the tracking done. So collection day yesterday, driving home and it’s still pulling to the left.

Receipt from tracking in the glove box, so it’s showing it was done two days before but also notes 2017-2019 as the year so unsure they had the tracking set up correctly.

Would you go back to dealer ?

I don’t believe that any other member has reported “pulling” on another ZS EV - How badly is it pulling to the left ?.
Depending on the steepness of road camber, it is natural for the car to slowly drift and following the camber of the road, if it is very steep.
If it pulls straight to the kerb as soon as you release your hold on the steering wheel, this is not correct.
Of course the tyre pressures have been checked ??.
When you’re driving straight ahead, is the steering wheel in the correct straight ahead position, or do you feel you are fighting to keep the car on the straight line ?.

I've had a 10o anti-clockwise offset steering position since taking delivery, so technically it would pull to the right if I kept it dead centre - the dealer checked and said that it's tracking. They will address in a couple of weeks.

Last edited:
I have just booked mine in for the tracking checking. I thought it was the lane assist but once I turned it off it was still nervous about straight ahead and needs a very slight right hand down to keep it straight

I don’t believe that any other member has reported “pulling” on another ZS EV - How badly is it pulling to the left ?.
Depending on the steepness of road camber, it is natural for the car to slowly drift and following the camber of the road, if it is very steep.
If it pulls straight to the kerb as soon as you release your hold on the steering wheel, this is not correct.
Of course the tyre pressures have been checked ??.
When you’re driving straight ahead, is the steering wheel in the correct straight ahead position, or do you feel you are fighting to keep the car on the straight line ?.
Hi it’s just a slight pull to the left, just checked tyre pressures they are all set to 2.6bar. I’ll check the steering wheel position again later.

So picked mine up and they stayed nothing wrong with it. But it still needs a slight bit of right hand down when on straight road. I have driven lots of miles in many different vehicles and this is the first that needs this. I know about cambers in roads. The fact is that it will then go right and I have to correct again.

I will be taking it to a tracking expert as to me it is lacking a little toe out as it is not good in a straight line.

So picked mine up and they stayed nothing wrong with it. But it still needs a slight bit of right hand down when on straight road. I have driven lots of miles in many different vehicles and this is the first that needs this. I know about cambers in roads. The fact is that it will then go right and I have to correct again.

I will be taking it to a tracking expert as to me it is lacking a little toe out as it is not good in a straight line.
Use a company with the full 4 wheel alignment service.
The "Hunter"system is excellent, but like all systems, they are only as good as the person behind them !.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom