• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Pulsar Plus Wall Charger

weedavemac

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Anybody got any views/thoughts on a pulsar Plus home Charger?

That's the model I have been quoted by a local installer. It's only got a 3 year warranty which is slightly disappointing.

Had the Pulsar Plus fitted a couple if weeks ago.
It was the least expensive choice at the time, special deal from the installer.
Hadn't bothered before with the Outlander PHEV as I had a caravan with external socket so plugged in there. It's gone now and the granny charger wouldn't reach from the garage sockets.
Seems to be OK, app works well, does what it should and is reasonably compact.

Had the Pulsar Plus fitted a couple if weeks ago.
It was the least expensive choice at the time, special deal from the installer.
Hadn't bothered before with the Outlander PHEV as I had a caravan with external socket so plugged in there. It's gone now and the granny charger wouldn't reach from the garage sockets.
Seems to be OK, app works well, does what it should and is reasonably compact.
Thanks for posting.

Is your one 'tethered'?
If so, did it come with the wall bracket to put the end of the cable into?
Cheers

Yes, tethered with wall bracket.

I have got a metal hose bracket over the top of to the Pulsar, found the cable wouldn't coil easily on the unit itself and also acts as a rain shield.

Last edited:
Screenshot_2021-07-25-17-58-49-94_260528048de7f2f358f0056f785be619.jpg

Last edited:
Mine broke after a couple of months of having it. It randomly started started only charge at a really low rate. It was replaced and been fine since.

I have the Wallbox Pulsar Plus fitted in June for my HS PHEV. I went with this because the price is reasonable but more importantly the smaller size. No real issues with connection by Bluetooth or WiFi. The timer function works well. The LED is fairly bright though at night.

Attachments

• E9BE2633-46D9-4D10-A813-EDB9D9CB4550.jpeg
    E9BE2633-46D9-4D10-A813-EDB9D9CB4550.jpeg
    480.1 KB · Views: 147
I have the Wallbox Pulsar Plus fitted in June for my HS PHEV. I went with this because the price is reasonable but more importantly the smaller size. No real issues with connection by Bluetooth or WiFi. The timer function works well. The LED is fairly bright though at night.
Thanks for posting.

i Have had mine for little over a year now. Found this the best, in terms of what I needed. I didn’t want a fancy unit nor do I have a solar panel instal so I just needed a basic charger. At the end of the day I just want it to charge my car so I could not justify the additional expenditure of fancier units.
the only problem I had was that it’s Siri connectivity was pretty bad even though there was a reasonably strong signal available. Problem fixed by having an extender in the garage.
the customer service initially was pretty rubbish, bit better now but it was for the wiki connectivity issue which they eventually helped me get to the bottom off.
decent app interface with scheduled charging and unit lockout. Also a web based interface which I have never used. On the whole happy with it.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom