Pure Electric Vehicles to be fitted with Adblue systems from 2024.

Ian Key

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
Many pure electric vehicles are to be fitted with "Adblue" Urea injection systems from 2024 onwards. Diesel car owners will be familiar with the technology, designed to reduce NOx emissions by a process known as Selective Catalytic Reduction.
In the case of pure EVs, the system is fitted to reduce emissions of electromagnetic waves, which can play havoc with wireless doorbells.
Teresa Green, 62, from North Yorkshire, highlighted the importance of technology. "These new fangled electrical cars are good for air quality and the environment and all that, but my doorbell has woken me up sixteen times in the last week alone."
Terry Phyed, 27, from Sheffield , was waiting for four hours outside his mother's house as she'd learnt to ignore the doorbell.
The new Adblue system injects the urea solution into the motor windings, where the magnetic field turns the urea particles into antimatter. The antimatter then combines with dust and dirt in the air to form nothing.
Eileen Dover from Total Wind-up, the company that manufactures motor windings for many major automakers, said that thorough testing of the system had proven successful. "I've driven it round the block a few times and it seems alright".
The system has been co-developed with P.I. Stake, a company that collects animal urine from the agricultural industry and recycles it.
The system is expected to be fitted to many EVs from early 2024 onwards, and there is also expected to be retro-fits for existing models.

Thanks Ian, it is good to have a heads up on this.

In related news, some have expressed concern that on the MG4 the right quantity of Adblue for the motor could be either 900ml or 750ml for optimum suppression, but there is confusion as early test vehicles for MG were apparently overfilled which could lead to an Adblue leak. I am sure that before the system enters production this will all be sorted, however.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom