Range calculator based on our real world experience with the MG5 in various conditions

Padaung

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Hi all,

We have just completed a very long trip to the French Alps and back (car with 4 people, a full boot of luggage, and cold weather). I've created this calculator for estimating the range based on what we found with our journey. The regular cold weather range and real life typical ranges are based on figures we have accumulated over the past year of owning our MG5 EV.

If you wish to amend anything then just unprotect the sheet, there is no password. However, if you leave the sheet protected you can alter any of the cells highlighted in green.

The % reduction in range is based on our experience over a lot of miles and conditions, so I'd hope it is a good starting point for most of you.

We found some fast chargers stopped charging when the car reached 80%, and others simply decreased the charge rate a lot, so I'd recommend basing journeys where you're charging on the road to a peak top up to 80% for this reason. The only time we charged to 100% on our journey was at home before leaving, our final destination, and the hotel we stopped at mid-way for both legs.

I hope this is of use to someone.

Attachments

• Car range in various conditions.xlsx
    12 KB · Views: 200
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom