Rapid charge costs -another moan. 😡

Knuttt

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just posted on the MG5 forum of our first longish drive in the Car but was really shocked at the cost of the rapid charger we used Near our destination.
Just off the M11 at the Harlow exit (A414) there’s a BP garage that has two rapid chargers.
This was perfect for my journey as we are staying in Sharples over Christmas and would allow me to top up for any family journeys we need to make while down here.
I’ve used BP Pulse chargers before so have the app all registered etc.
The app said the cost would be 44p/kw. However it wouldn’t connect to the charger so we ended up having to pay on card at 50/kw!
At the recorded 3miles/kw for the journey that is a lot more expensive than fossil fuel (per mile) assuming a similar car and not a gas guzzler! 🤠😡🤠

Just posted on the MG5 forum of our first longish drive in the Car but was really shocked at the cost of the rapid charger we used Near our destination.
Just off the M11 at the Harlow exit (A414) there’s a BP garage that has two rapid chargers.
This was perfect for my journey as we are staying in Sharples over Christmas and would allow me to top up for any family journeys we need to make while down here.
I’ve used BP Pulse chargers before so have the app all registered etc.
The app said the cost would be 44p/kw. However it wouldn’t connect to the charger so we ended up having to pay on card at 50/kw!
At the recorded 3miles/kw for the journey that is a lot more expensive than fossil fuel (per mile) assuming a similar car and not a gas guzzler! 🤠😡🤠
Couldn't you just charge on a granny charger at your destination?

Possibly, I brought the cables and extension but it’s an old house and I don’t really trust the electrics - wouldn’t very popular blowing a fuse on Christmas Eve! 😝😱😝

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom