• We are having a problem with new Hotmail members being unable to receive activation emails. Please avoid using a Hotmail email address. Thanks.

Rapid charger network list with costs (main networks only) UK & Ireland

This is a list of the main networks providing rapid chargers in the UK and Ireland correct as of 28/02/2021. The list is aimed at people wanting CCS rapid (50kW+) chargers for use by the majority of EV cars.

Network
Cost/kWh
LocationsNotes
Alfa Power
£0.33​
North EnglandRFID card, smartphone app, or QR code. £.25 with app.
Be.EV
Free​
Greater ManchesterCurrently free
BP Pulse
£0.30​
Nationwide£.42 for Ultra-rapids. Cheaper with BP Pulse membership, Formerly Polar
ChargePlace Scotland
Varies​
ScotlandOften free. Requires RFID or smartphone app & £20/year membership
ecarni
Free​
Northern IrelandFree but requires RFID
Ecotricity
£0.30​
NationwideRequires smartphone app. £.15/kWh for Ecotricity (energy supplier) customers.
Engie
Free​
West YorkshireFree until October 2021. Requires RFID, smartphone app or website access. £9 for the RFID card
ESB ecars
€0.31​
Repulic of IrelandRequires RFID or smartphone app. €4.60/month membership gives slightly cheaper cost/kWh
ESB Energy
£0.30​
London and CoventryCoventry is £.29
GeniePoint
£0.30​
NationwideFree in West Yorkshire until October 2021. Connection fee £1 or £1.80 within M25. Requires RFID or smartphone app. £9 for the RFID card
Instavolt
£0.35​
Nationwide
Ionity
£0.69​
Nationwide350kW chargers. RFID card, smartphone app, or QR code. Cheaper if you own one of a number of specific brands of EV
Osprey
£0.36​
NationwideFormerly Engenie. Older units charge £6 per session instead of /kWh
Podpoint
£0.23​
NationwidePrice varies. Usually £.23. Some free, some £.27. Usually in supermarket car parks
Shell Recharge
£0.39​
Nationwide
Swarco E.Connect
£0.30​
NationwidePrice varies. Requires RFID or smartphone app. Some contactless
Tesla
£0.26​
NationwideOnly work with Tesla cars. Some older cars have lifetime free supercharging.

Please reply with any suggested corrections/additions.
Also if you wish to leave feedback for any of the above networks (except Tesla as this is an MG forum), please click on the network name above and vote in the poll in their customer satisfaction thread.
Thanks
Hi Stuart please check my posting #16
Les

Hi Stuart I was trying out planing out a route on zap maps today from Wigan to Swansea area I long trip I do 1/2 a year and looking at changing points i think I might have found one that’s not on the list you posted took a photo shot of Zap-Map listing chargers called clenergy EV maybe add to your list which is very helpful thank you
Les, they have a total of 3 rapid chargers in the whole of the UK and Ireland. They're not a 'main network' by any stretch of the imagination. There are lots of small networks like this which are too small to be included.

Les, they have a total of 3 rapid chargers in the whole of the UK and Ireland. They're not a 'main network' by any stretch of the imagination. There are lots of small networks like this which are too small to be included.
Sorry Stuart didn’t know that I was trying your guide to planing a route that I hope I can make later in the year and came across this thought it might be something new sorry not wanting to to confuse anyone just hope it works for me
Les

Osprey have just put their price up to 66p/kWh. how long before others follow.....

Last edited:
Latest missive from Osprey….

FB99B1E5-5D52-43BB-B937-7C1DB386AA49.jpeg

Just charged at an Osprey with bonnet for 45p with Osprey showing 49p currently... still worth having the Bonnet app for charging whilst away from home...

Osprey have just put their price up to 66p/kWh. how long before others follow.....
Needed a charge y'day. Local Podpoint was out of service so went to an Osprey close by... Thought I'd been charged for diesel when I saw the cost. Wish I'd known about this increase before hand. Doh..

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom