Rapid Chargers near Harrogate?

Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
I'm up in Harrogate in May and whilst researching the ZapMap I have noticed a shocking lack of fast chargers. There are 2 Tesla only locations near and very few others above 7Kw. I have the MG ZS EV trophy long range.
Do any of you recommend where I should go for rapid charging up there?

Does zapmap show pospoint etc? (I know plugshare does) if not then you could check the Tescos in the area.

ZapMap should show all chargers so podpoint ones should be there. After going into several map apps I noticed that there are some rapid chargers around. Specifically Harrogate Civic Centre has some 50kW Genipoints. There is also a Gridserve Charging Station at the Wetherby Moto on the A1(M) with many fast chargers. So its not as bad as I thought.

However, using ZaoMap to plan a journey on a PC is very poor. If you set a filter for charger power it seems to ignore a lot that are pretty close to route. Even increasing the search radius seems to not show up these chargers. Also I notice you cannot, unless I'm missing something, select starting or finishing locations by clicking on the map locations. You have to enter the start and destination by text which is poor for modern apps.

I also looked at Google maps, which I didn't realize had the option in routing for showing EV chargers. This shows all those chargers above but I don't know how accurate availability is.

Can you enter your car details for battery rate at distances along the route though?

evcog

Last edited:
If you can't see the Tesco podpoints in ZapMap you may have a filter on, like I did. I' d put it on when doing a long journey and I wasn't interested in the slower chargers and forgot to take it off.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom