Rattle from behind glove box?

Cocijo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’ve had an annoying rattle start that seems to come from behind the glove box. I’m going to take the glove box out and have a look up behind there later today. It’s a ‘tinny’ sort of rattle but quite loud. I’m aware of the A post trim and screen trim issues and don’t think it’s associated with these. Anyone had similar? If I bash the dash at the top of the glove box with the side of my fist it also makes the noise - so something is loose behind there I think.

Good idea - it’s directly behind the glove box isn’t it?

dropped the glove box out and had a look. Not much that I can see that might cause the rattle 😕
1614415723533.jpeg

It's not something that's rolled into the gap between the screen and the dash top is it ?

I have now had a short trip after rummaging around behind the dash - and the rattle has gone! For now anyway - no idea what I did. I guess it might come back but for now it’s lovey and quiet again 🙂. Thank you for all your suggestions.

I have now had a short trip after rummaging around behind the dash - and the rattle has gone! For now anyway - no idea what I did. I guess it might come back but for now it’s lovey and quiet again 🙂. Thank you for all your suggestions.
The mouse got scared when you took away his sunscreen, gone to the boot now 😁

I found Morris Dog up there!

Attachments

• 7F2258A1-AB71-417E-A6BF-8B4D4FAC3A34.jpeg
    7F2258A1-AB71-417E-A6BF-8B4D4FAC3A34.jpeg
    416.8 KB · Views: 143
at first I thought it was the glove box or latch. When it’s there it’s a tinny vibration type of noise that seems to come from quite deep behind the dash. For now, it’s gone 🤪🙃🤪

I also started to get the sound from the glove compartment after a month.

Not to state the obvious but make sure glove box is empty ... contents can rattle too
Yes - I guess that’s quite a common cause! For now - all is quiet....

I’ve had an annoying rattle start that seems to come from behind the glove box. I’m going to take the glove box out and have a look up behind there later today. It’s a ‘tinny’ sort of rattle but quite loud. I’m aware of the A post trim and screen trim issues and don’t think it’s associated with these. Anyone had similar? If I bash the dash at the top of the glove box with the side of my fist it also makes the noise - so something is loose behind there I think.
Remove the pillar air bag trim and there's a hex screw silver at the bottom holding the dash board to the frame of the car( it will rattle when it lose the screw hex) hope this helps

Remove the pillar air bag trim and there's a hex screw silver at the bottom holding the dash board to the frame of the car( it will rattle when it lose the screw hex) hope this helps
Given the problem looks to have been solved by the OP over two years ago, this ship may have sailed 😀

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom