Read Grimsby MG - MG Dealer Discussion, Opinions & Experiences

Bought my 2nd MG4 from Read MG at Grimsby (actually closer to Cleethorpes) after sadly rejecting my first one.
Had a decent initial interaction with Callum, the sales guy.
Called him after seeing the MG4 as available on Facebook MG4 group.
Quickly jumped on it and paid the deposit.
Had a good chat with Callum regarding my previous MG4 and the fact that I had to reject it due to faults, so this one had to be spot on.
He did me a deal on the GardX paint protection package at 50% off.
Which was a nice deal.
£199 rather than £399

I called at the dealership on the Monday after dropping off my rejected MG4 in Lincoln to take a look at the car before travelling over to collect on the Wednesday.
Which was way out of our way back home to Wakefield but wanted to see the car.

I provided Callum with a pre-purchase checklist of common issues that the MG4's were having at the moment and asked them to take a look at these to make sure I wasn't messing about running backwards and forwards with issues, as the round trip is about 160 miles.

The big one being the MG4 oil leak that seems to be current on the cars.
MG say a drain and refill should cure the issue and recommend doing this on the PDI.

He said they would take a look.

Picked up the car on the Wednesday as agreed, car looked stunning, paid the balance and drove home.
75 miles later pulled up into my driveway, had a quick look underneath, only to find the oil leak !

Immediately emailed Callum regarding this and the disappointment that they hadn't done the checks that I'd provided.
The car software also hadn't been updated either, as other owners were posting other fixes had been released and had had their cars already updated.

So what had they actually done on the PDI ?
Not a lot I feel...

Quite disappointed again with the new car experience, especially as he knew I'd already been deflated and returned one MG4.

I expected a little more to be honest.

His answer to the issues was to take it to my local dealer and they would sort everything out.
Which is fair enough and easier for me not having to travel 160 miles round trip again, but I get the impression that it was also easier for them to get the car gone and let another dealer sort any issues rather than being proactive with sorting stuff and providing a great customer service, especially knowing how badly things had gone with the first MG4.

Would I recommend them ??
Probably not..
I feel like the sale process was just get the car out of the door, sell the paint protection package and let some other dealer sort any other issues.

Shame ..... :(

Update on the above experience with these jokers.
I rejected my vehicle with them in December last year.
After much agro and unprofessionalism.
Today I have received a letter from MID the insurance database saying that my vehicle is uninsured.
The vehicle that I no longer own having handed it back in December.
And unless I take action I will receive a fine for not informing the DVLA of the changes.
Which the dealer should have taken care of when the vehicle was rejected.
Thankfully I had a photo of the logbook and have been able to process this myself today.
But this is yet another reason not to buy from these cowboys.
I noticed the car was actually up for sale with them last week with the same mileage as it was rejected with 4 months ago.
So that vehicle has been sat for 4 months unused until they have decided to sell it.
Probably so they don't have to explain the rejection after 3 weeks of original ownership.
Steer well clear.
Go elsewhere
If you want a recommendation
Charles Warner in Lincoln were absolutely superb and put these jokers to shame.

Update on the above experience with these jokers.
I rejected my vehicle with them in December last year.
After much agro and unprofessionalism.
Today I have received a letter from MID the insurance database saying that my vehicle is uninsured.
The vehicle that I no longer own having handed it back in December.
And unless I take action I will receive a fine for not informing the DVLA of the changes.
Which the dealer should have taken care of when the vehicle was rejected.
Thankfully I had a photo of the logbook and have been able to process this myself today.
But this is yet another reason not to buy from these cowboys.
I noticed the car was actually up for sale with them last week with the same mileage as it was rejected with 4 months ago.
So that vehicle has been sat for 4 months unused until they have decided to sell it.
Probably so they don't have to explain the rejection after 3 weeks of original ownership.
Steer well clear.
Go elsewhere
If you want a recommendation
Charles Warner in Lincoln were absolutely superb and put these jokers to shame.
They also had/have a Suzuki dealership and ripped off my father in law to the tune of nearly £2000 a couple of years back changing perfectly good parts in his gearbox for no valid reason other than they could get away with it at the time. A despicable set of shysters indeed!

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom