Rear Camera and 360º Front just stopped working !!!!!!!!!

Lestrade

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
For some reason 2 days ago my "reverse camera" when putting into reverse stopped working. Same goes for 360º Front. Rear sensors "beep" correctly but that is it.
I have checked all the fuses under dashboard and all are "OK" and good.
I have tried various methods mentioned on the forum in other cases where "in and out rapidly" of selecting reverse but none of this works.

Any ideas or is it a computer job at the dealer?

For some reason 2 days ago my "reverse camera" when putting into reverse stopped working. Same goes for 360º Front. Rear sensors "beep" correctly but that is it.
I have checked all the fuses under dashboard and all are "OK" and good.
I have tried various methods mentioned on the forum in other cases where "in and out rapidly" of selecting reverse but none of this works.

Any ideas or is it a computer job at the dealer?
The cuckoo clock is not a Swiss invention. It is German, and originated in Tittisee Neustadt. So - not even Cuckoo clocks, Switzerland... 😉😂

Upvote 0
Worth a factory reset, or even disconnecting the 12v battery for a few seconds, albeit you may lose accumulated trip info. So much tech in the car, turn it off and on again might work ....

Upvote 0
As you're in Malta like me, I'd be very interested to hear of your experience with the after-sales service with the dealer. (Muscats?)

Upvote 0
So after speaking to a contact at MG UK I have booked car in to Muscats to go on computer to identify the issue. It appears that it likely to be a "module" that has failed should the 12v disconnection not rectify. July 11th is the day so will post results accordingly.
For my fellow Maltese compatriot "BikeMike"......I will tell you how I get on.

The cuckoo clock is not a Swiss invention. It is German, and originated in Tittisee Neustadt. So - not even Cuckoo clocks, Switzerland... 😉😂
Lötscher company, based near Zurich makes the only genuine Swiss Cuckoo clock in the world at present.
Switzerland began producing the world-renowned clock in the village of Brienz in the Bernese Oberland and from a movie point of view 'Harry Lime' quoted information gathered by researchers for the film "The Third Man". 👍🖖🤝

Upvote 0
So after speaking to a contact at MG UK I have booked car in to Muscats to go on computer to identify the issue. It appears that it likely to be a "module" that has failed should the 12v disconnection not rectify. July 11th is the day so will post results accordingly.
For my fellow Maltese compatriot "BikeMike"......I will tell you how I get on.

Lötscher company, based near Zurich makes the only genuine Swiss Cuckoo clock in the world at present.
Switzerland began producing the world-renowned clock in the village of Brienz in the Bernese Oberland and from a movie point of view 'Harry Lime' quoted information gathered by researchers for the film "The Third Man". 👍🖖🤝
But the originals are made in Bavaria and still are. I've been there to see them. The Swiss made copies later.

Upvote 0
Update......just back from Muscats Mizzi importers and main dealers in all fine vehicles here in Malta and am pleased to say that the.....computer said "Yes"....... the module failed and that a new one has been ordered all under warranty.
I also know that they tried the "old disconnect battery trick" as the clock showed 4 hours ahead and 1st January 1986.

Upvote 0
Excellent news, thanks for the update.

Did they give you a time estimate for delivery of the module?

A bit sloppy leaving the clock incorrectly set though.

Upvote 0
No estimate "as such" but I was told they will be told how long from MG UK and or MG Europe (Holland) as they are trying to speed this kind of thing up as a customer satisfaction improvement.
There is a super lady called Catherine (pretty sure correct) who has been at the same job for 44 years and is Queen of the Castle....so to speak. It was her birthday yesterday so I went out and got her a fresh Cinnabun as a token. I am sure that she will inform me pretty soon. I will keep you updated.

Upvote 0
Well great news, I had a call to say my part was in, so appointment made and now it is fitted and working fine. They also fixed the bizarre tyre pressure system that was showing all kinds of pressures and temperatures. This was also fixed in the swap out. All happy now.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom