Reasons i probably won't buy one

AdamMGEV

Prominent Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG4 Trophy LR
I was excited about the Marvel R coming to the UK but these are the reasons for me I probably won't get one:

1. It has less range than the new ZS.
2. The 4 wheel drive has even less range and in a car like that I'd like it to have a better drive.
3. Boot space is poor
4. Frunk isn't there on the 4 wheel version.
5. It will cost more than the ZS.

For it to sell for me it has to have 300+ mile range. I'd prefer to pay a bit more and get maybe the KIA EV6 or the Skoda Enyaq. Or, I assume the ZS price will be lowered so just get that instead.

What do others think?

I think they are very differant cars, the ZS has Fabric seat the Marvel has leather, the marvel has more sensors, cameras, speakers ,etc.
It also has a higher top speed, quicker 0 to 100 kph
yes there's no Frunk on the AWD version, but does the ZS have the option to have AWD?
So it's hard to give a fair comparison.
I really like the Marvel R just wish I'd waited a little longer instead of getting the HS.
That's my thought

I think they are very differant cars, the ZS has Fabric seat the Marvel has leather, the marvel has more sensors, cameras, speakers ,etc.
It also has a higher top speed, quicker 0 to 100 kph
yes there's no Frunk on the AWD version, but does the ZS have the option to have AWD?
So it's hard to give a fair comparison.
I really like the Marvel R just wish I'd waited a little longer instead of getting the HS.
That's my thought
I'm pretty sure the ZS has leather seats. And does the Marvel R have more sensors? They both do all of the MG auto polit etc so I'd have thought the ZS has all that camera and sensors too?

For "vegan leather" read vinyl and sweat inducing. I have those seats in my MG5 and would much prefer to have fabric.
I think that the world of electric cars is moving so fast it's hard to keep up, what was a decent car in it's conception has maybe become a little outdated before we even get it. That said, range is not the massive issue we all thought it would be before buying into electric cars. I remember saying I'd never want a car that couldn't get me 400 miles on a charge but I've since found that 200 is perfectly useable.

For "vegan leather" read vinyl and sweat inducing. I have those seats in my MG5 and would much prefer to have fabric.
I think that the world of electric cars is moving so fast it's hard to keep up, what was a decent car in it's conception has maybe become a little outdated before we even get it. That said, range is not the massive issue we all thought it would be before buying into electric cars. I remember saying I'd never want a car that couldn't get me 400 miles on a charge but I've since found that 200 is perfectly useable.
I have those in my MG5 and much prefer them to fabric, I think they're very comfortable. I guess its all an individual preference. It also depends if you're doing long range drives every week or day or only local. I'm thankful that I now work from home so long miles I don't do now but if I went back to what I was doing I would need a tesla at the moment for the range and reliable charging.

Maybe its worth checking the website for the comparison of sensors, type of leather etc
(yes partial leather v PU for ZS) what other model MG offers Bose?
larger towing capacity
Bigger alloys
Yes more expensive.
But then It all depends on what level of trim you want.

So I was hoping to buy this. You see you have to compare apples with apples. So I'm comparing this with the Audi Q4 etron. The things I want in that will cost me over 50+k. Like all-round 360 camera, similar safety, hear op, leather, sunroof, auto parking etc. It does less range. Ideally 300mile would be good as I do 65 miles daily.

I was looking at the Toyota and that black wheel arches put me off. Again near £50k with decent spec.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

New EVs from MG: MG S9 & MG9 plus hot topics from the forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom