Renault Zoe - 0 Start NCAP

Ozzie1989

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Very interesting that today according to What Car the Renault Zoe was given a 0 star Euro NCAP rating. That must be worrying for owners!

Any ideas on when the MG5 will be tested?

Do they have to test the SR and LR or are they so similar that one test will do?

The whole system loses credibility in my mind when a good rating is dependent on electronic driver assistance gizmos. A competent driver trumps most of these devices so perhaps there should be an NCAP rating for the driver!

The whole system loses credibility in my mind when a good rating is dependent on electronic driver assistance gizmos. A competent driver trumps most of these devices so perhaps there should be an NCAP rating for the driver!
Agreed, I've driven half a million miles in the last 30 years without an accident. I don't glitch, need rebooting, suffer from dirt over my lenses, I work in fog and don't have problems with poor road markings ;)

Agreed, I've driven half a million miles in the last 30 years without an accident. I don't glitch, need rebooting, suffer from dirt over my lenses, I work in fog and don't have problems with poor road markings ;)
Let's hope you are not tempting fate there. :eek:
Personally I need a reboot every night. :)

It’s better to have these and not need them than to need them and not have them.
You guys might be the safest drivers in the country but there are hundreds who are not and you can only look at one thing at a time…..

Very interesting that today according to What Car the Renault Zoe was given a 0 star Euro NCAP rating. That must be worrying for owners!

Any ideas on when the MG5 will be tested?
Just to say, that it's only the basic "Play" model that has the safety items removed.
This brilliant video from "EV Nick" goes through the whole story.

Just to say, that it's only the basic "Play" model that has the safety items removed.
This brilliant video from "EV Nick" goes through the whole story.

It's a good video. I'm just glad that I bought a 2019 used Zoe which still has this airbag. From what I read in the newspapers the side impact from the post would lead to a straight fatality.

Last edited:
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom