Reversing camera intermittent

TrevH

Standard Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG HS PHEV
MG PHEV TROPHY, Has anyone experienced the intermittent failure of the reversing camera and 360 camera? Sometimes at low speed parking they both don't work? Tried the on and off routine but nothing. Next time in car it works. Very annoying especially when reversing in the dark.
Does this mean another trip back to dealers ?

I'll pipe up as its the same brand.....

Mines never worked consistently from day one. (7 months now)

Convinced it's software because a soft reset is all that is required to make it all work perfectly.

Until the next day when it's back to just being a blue picture at the rear.

A software update made no difference and the dealer has ordered a rear camera.

I'm still dubious but need to at least try.

Is the reversing camera adjustable ? someone closed my boot hard or in my garage I have carpet strips it opens onto as the garage roof is low, now its showing the bottom of the number plate is in the bottom of the camera screen. The MG logo hits the carpet first. There is no dents anywhere. Can anyone else see part of the bottom of their number plate in the camera. I cant remember if it was there before but I found similar pictures like this on facebook.

Attachments

• nplate.jpg
    nplate.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:
Can anyone else see part of the bottom of their number plate in the camera.
I was amazed to see part of the number plate in the rear camera view a few months ago. I've had my ZS EV Mark 1 for 3 years now, and hadn't noticed that before. My first reaction was wow, what happened, but then I came to think that it was there all along and I never noticed it.

For what it's worth, my view of the number plate is about half, perhaps a smidge less, of what is in that photo.

It seems unproductive to have that area wasted. Maybe you and I have a problem of alignment, and yours is about twice as far off as mine is. I suppose the most important thing is whether the coloured lines are accurate or not. I'd hate to move the camera, and get 10% more "useful" view, only to find that the coloured lines are now useless. I think @Rolfe has mentioned that she knows where the back of her car is to the centimetre (or was it some fraction of an inch).

Anyone else care to comment, even if it's to say "what numberplate?".

I was amazed to see part of the number plate in the rear camera view a few months ago. I've had my ZS EV Mark 1 for 3 years now, and hadn't noticed that before. My first reaction was wow, what happened, but then I came to think that it was there all along and I never noticed it.

For what it's worth, my view of the number plate is about half, perhaps a smidge less, of what is in that photo.

It seems unproductive to have that area wasted. Maybe you and I have a problem of alignment, and yours is about twice as far off as mine is. I suppose the most important thing is whether the coloured lines are accurate or not. I'd hate to move the camera, and get 10% more "useful" view, only to find that the coloured lines are now useless. I think @Rolfe has mentioned that she knows where the back of her car is to the centimetre (or was it some fraction of an inch).

Anyone else care to comment, even if it's to say "what numberplate?".
Could it be someone has been pressing the camera to try to open the boot. Camera on left of centre boot button on tight
Dave

I gave the dealer a call and they checked the ones in their yard and theirs are the same so its normal. Just shows, I drove it for a year and didnt notice it before :)

MG PHEV TROPHY, Has anyone experienced the intermittent failure of the reversing camera and 360 camera? Sometimes at low speed parking they both don't work? Tried the on and off routine but nothing. Next time in car it works. Very annoying especially when reversing in the dark.
Does this mean another trip back to dealers ?
I have the same problem so interested in any fixes that materialise

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom