Route Push on Connect models

MistaMayka

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Does anybody know at all what the capabilities of route push are and has anybody used it? I just wanted to confirm it is what I think it is, the ability to push a route/loaction to the car from the mobile app. I was also curious if anybody that has tried, can I find a location on google maps or any other map/nav app and then share to the MG iSmart app to then push it to the car? I could do it on the BMW i3, I am not able to on my currunet Hyundai Ioniq and just wanted to know the possibilities for the ZS :)

Bmw changed their route push, it comes from their own app only now. Route push is ok, but too reliant on the in built nav, just use android auto or carplay, then you can use waze

Last edited by a moderator:
On the Prius the procedure was to set up your route via the My Toyota portal (very awkward and slow to use) and send it to the car via WiFi which took ages. You could also down load it to a USB stick and transfer it to the car (much quicker).
MG don't have any map options on the My MG website, so I guess it's done via the app.

My Hyundai Kona does it via the app. Plan the route and then send to car. When you boot up the car, it's on the Sat-Nav, waiting to go.

My Hyundai Kona does it via the app. Plan the route and then send to car. When you boot up the car, it's on the Sat-Nav, waiting to go.
Yes this is how the Ioniq does it also. The main issue is when somebody sends you a pin or location you can't open it in the Hyundai app only in another map/nav app, in my case google maps. When I had the i3 i could take any location on google maps click share then choose the my BMW app, it would open it in the BMW app then I click send to car.

Bmw changed their route push, it comes from their own app only now. Route push is ok, but too reliant on the in built nav, just use android auto or carplay, then you can use waze
Yes originally you could do send to car directly from Goggle maps which was cool but getting to the BMW via a share button also works for me.

I much prefer using the built in Nav than android auto/car play. I tend to find they are laid out much better and i can keep my phone in my pocket if i want and not charging it. That way i don't have to rely on always connecting my phone to the car via cable.

Yes originally you could do send to car directly from Goggle maps which was cool but getting to the BMW via a share button also works for me.

I much prefer using the built in Nav than android auto/car play. I tend to find they are laid out much better and i can keep my phone in my pocket if i want and not charging it. That way i don't have to rely on always connecting my phone to the car via cable.
I guess that is where I differ, the first thing I do when I get in the car is take my phone out of my pocket and connect it up to either a charger or a data cable, mainly because it has the tendency to fall out of my pocket and swan dive between the door sill and seat.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom