Satnav not progressing when on route

stevenc152

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG ZS EV
Anyone had it where you fire in a postcode find the location and off you go to find out the map doesn’t update from the gps?

Like it knows where I am so the gps works fine. Says turn left and doesn’t ever move on?

Tried rebooting it and did he haw

Guess car pays handy

I had same issue. Dealership hadn't a clue. However after much perseverance I found the issue. Go to sat nav, then settings, then map features. Turn off "dead reckoning". Then reset info system by pushing down and holding the physical home button not the one on the screen. Hold it till the MG emblem comes back on then release. Hey presto the sat nav will now work.

Give that a bash tomorrow tried all the stuff till that point on way home. Wife’s driving and driving assist gives me a heart attack

Ended up giving up and fearing for my life watching the road.

Wife. Don’t like this thing keeps going off. We’ll get in lane then and it won’t 😂

Huge thanks to Jimborus for your advice on fixing the satnav. It worked a treat. We bought our MG ZS long range 10 days ago and eventually took it back to the Dealer yesterday. Whilst the assistants were scratching their heads, your weekly update popped in to my phone. I tactfully showed the guidance to Richard at Richmond, Guildford. He wasn't able to fix the sat nav and they were arranging a follow up visit, after MG consultation, for next week. But as we left I followed your instructions to the letter and Bingo!. Much appreciation, Chris

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom