Service plans

I haven't got a service plan but I will pay the £111 for its first service just to get all the software updates (and the AA), will probably pay for the second one too but then switch back to my independent garage. I've bought a blank service record book from Amazon so get it stamped and that way I will keep with the terms of the 7ys

So with a main dealer service costing just £111 how much are you expecting to save with your indy?

Did you check that your indy can properly service an electric car?

A service book sounds a bit 20th century... I thought service records were maintained on manufacturers databases these days? I'm not sure a self stamped service book would really cut the mustard with MG or the courts if it came to a warranty claim.

EU Block Exemption Regulations are still in place AFAIK.
If service work is documented and done to correct standards with correct parts there should be no impact on warranty.

So with a main dealer service costing just £111 how much are you expecting to save with your indy?

Did you check that your indy can properly service an electric car?

A service book sounds a bit 20th century... I thought service records were maintained on manufacturers databases these days? I'm not sure a self stamped service book would really cut the mustard with MG or the courts if it came to a warranty

Been using my Independent for my leaf for many years & they stamp and confirm its done to Nissan program & parts. I needed to make a claim under the extended warranty and although Nissan clucked at first they know under law its valid.
The blank service book is very 20th Cen I know however service books are recognised by the trade & law...and let's face it 4yrs down the line you want to sell it privately or trade in to a non MG unit you cannot ask them to phone MG to see if warranty is still valid
As for the Independent, well why not support a family firm especially if they are competitive

Re service book stamp, FWIW you do get a printout Maintenance service sheet with the dealer stamp on the bottom if stamps are your thing.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom