Should I have watched these before I purchased 2 electric cars?

Just a little point that you again seem to have taken too far, you do not have the right to say anything you want about anything that you choose, freedom of speech no longer exists in this country so it's time to step down off that big horse and take other people's points of view in the context they are meant in, not the way you have because you seem all too keen to point out your rights but then you complain about other people's right to reply
Well as it seems you don't like people disagreeing with you I'll leave it at that, I'm sure everyone can read all the posts and come to the sensible conclusion but i will just say that you have not said that 90 mph is too fast to be driving but as you say you're entitled to your own opinion and no one can stop you.................

I have no problem with people disagreeing, yet another thing I have never said,

No, I've not said 90 mph is too fast to be driving, because it isn't. It's illegal over here though, which is another matter.

What I actually said "I don't think 90 mph is particularly excessive for an experienced driver on the right road and in the right conditions". I still think that, but it doesn't mean that it I agree with driving illegally. If the limit here was 90 and the conditions were right I'd drive at up to 90 (though probably not in an EV, for efficiency rather than safety reasons!!), and I think most people would. It's well within the design capacity of most cars these days. If you'd choose not to then that's fine by me (so long as you don't lane hog :) )

I have no problem with people disagreeing, yet another thing I have never said,

No, I've not said 90 mph is too fast to be driving, because it isn't. It's illegal over here though, which is another matter.

What I actually said "I don't think 90 mph is particularly excessive for an experienced driver on the right road and in the right conditions". I still think that, but it doesn't mean that it I agree with driving illegally. If the limit here was 90 and the conditions were right I'd drive at up to 90 (though probably not in an EV, for efficiency rather than safety reasons!!), and I think most people would. It's well within the design capacity of most cars these days. If you'd choose not to then that's fine by me (so long as you don't lane hog :) )
The “right conditions” are an empty dry road in the daytime. Unfortunately with the standard of driving these days, no matter how good you are, the other muppets will cause a crash if the speeds/distances are too high/close.

90Mph in an unrestricted area such as some German Autobahns and therefore expected to happen may well be safe.

In no circumstances can it be safe on British Motorways where other road users are not expecting it to occur without the presence of blue flashing lights.

Even then Police pursuit drivers can't just do it as they see fit and are expected to end a pursuit if the road conditions make it unsafe.

90Mph in an unrestricted area such as some German Autobahns and therefore expected to happen may well be safe.

In no circumstances can it be safe on British Motorways where other road users are not expecting it to occur without the presence of blue flashing lights.

Even then Police pursuit drivers can't just do it as they see fit and are expected to end a pursuit if the road conditions make it unsafe.
Do all UK motorway drivers expect everyone to be doing max 70mph? Really?

Is it still automatic ban for 94+ mph?

There's almost tacit approval there to exceed 70.

From somewhere I have a memory of someone saying that the police understand that if everyone did 70 the whole motorway system would be less efficient...

Half the problem with driving here is that many things seem to be a surprise to drivers, who often appear to have little knowledge about what's going on around them. I would imagine a driver who is driving at speed (note I I didn't say speeding, nor did I specify which country) is more alert than some of the brain dead that seem to inhabit our roads.

Do all UK motorway drivers expect everyone to be doing max 70mph? Really?

Is it still automatic ban for 94+ mph?

There's almost tacit approval there to exceed 70.

From somewhere I have a memory of someone saying that the police understand that if everyone did 70 the whole motorway system would be less efficient...
I didn't say that.

However given that 70Mph is the expected maximum somebody who is doing that speed in the left or middle lane and comes across a slower vehicle should expect to be able to move out onto the faster lane. Somebody travelling faster than that has to expect and should accept it when somebody does.

From my experience of motorways feeding into the M25 recently 70Mph is about as fast as you can expect to go due to the weight of traffic.

I didn't say that.

Who said you did?
However given that 70Mph is the expected maximum somebody who is doing that speed in the left or middle lane and comes across a slower vehicle should expect to be able to move out onto the faster lane. Somebody travelling faster than that has to expect and should accept it when somebody does.

Oh one of those 😁
From my experience of motorways feeding into the M25 recently 70Mph is about as fast as you can expect to go due to the weight of traffic.
The joys of the metropolis 👍🏻

I didn't say that.

Just a small point: there are no slow or fast lanes, they are all 70mph. There are simply two lanes for overtaking. If you are not overtaking, you shouldn’t be in them unless the road is full.

Only one point to make, they were using (and pimping it seemed ) ionity chargers at 69p I'm certain they could have charged much cheaper elsewhere without having to look too hard.
I think they said they wanted to use m'way prices for both EV and ICE. Sort of makes sense for this particular test. I think the choice of vehicle was not ideal.

Just a small point: there are no slow or fast lanes, they are all 70mph. There are simply two lanes for overtaking. If you are not overtaking, you shouldn’t be in them unless the road is full.
And you indicate your /intention/ to pull out, but not assume you can. But we all do that as we are thinking drivers.

The new normal for ev driving is 65mph if you want decent range. I recently did our first big ish journey to Manchester airport and back. Fully loaded with 5 people and suitcases at 65 in the motorway was bib on for range. I did 75 in the way back and used 40% more battery.

Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom