Slightly OT, but a question for those of you who have Solar PV and benefit from Smart Export Guarantee (SEG)

emmrecs

Established Member
Reaction score
Driving
MG5
Just a simple question: to those of you who have Solar PV and benefit from the Smart Export Guarantee, how long (in days, weeks, months or whatever) did it take for your chosen "supplier" (of the payments) to accept your application and actually get your system fully registered and hence "earning money"?

I ask because my application has been with my supplier for very nearly sixteen weeks and is still not yet "up and running". I'd like to hear the experiences of others before I consider raising a Formal Complaint since I'm pretty certain it should not take such a long time.

Thank you for any replies received!

Just a simple question: to those of you who have Solar PV and benefit from the Smart Export Guarantee, how long (in days, weeks, months or whatever) did it take for your chosen "supplier" (of the payments) to accept your application and actually get your system fully registered and hence "earning money"?

I ask because my application has been with my supplier for very nearly sixteen weeks and is still not yet "up and running". I'd like to hear the experiences of others before I consider raising a Formal Complaint since I'm pretty certain it should not take such a long time.

Thats a long time. I was about the same length of time, allegedly because the DNO hadn't received the correct paperwork. After ringing them daily and being a complete pain in the butt, it was sorted very quickly once the DNO had issued the Mpan number. What is the hold up with yours?

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying!

At the moment I'm not certain what the hold-up is! Or, perhaps, I'm not being told what it is. That's at least partly why I'm considering the Formal Complaint route.

The MPAN number was issued very quickly (I actually have it listed in a letter to me from the DNO) and I passed it to the supplier when the application was submitted, back in February.

Upvote 0
Thanks for replying!

At the moment I'm not certain what the hold-up is! Or, perhaps, I'm not being told what it is. That's at least partly why I'm considering the Formal Complaint route.

The MPAN number was issued very quickly (I actually have it listed in a letter to me from the DNO) and I passed it to the supplier when the application was submitted, back in February.
What does the supplier say? It sounds like you should pursue the ombudsman or change suppliers. You don't have to export to the same company you import from by the way, you could for example have Octopus for import and British Gas for export if you wish.

Upvote 0

If its OVO your wasting your time we've been trying from May 22 to get paid

Upvote 0
@johnb80

Latest response from supplier: There have been changes within the energy industry that have caused delays in processing SEG applications. My reaction: really, what changes???

@sanorden

Not OVO, for me it's UW, Utility Warehouse. But do you mean you've been trying since May 22 to actually get registered/accepted or that you've not been paid since May 22?

Upvote 0
@johnb80

Latest response from supplier: There have been changes within the energy industry that have caused delays in processing SEG applications. My reaction: really, what changes???
Thats not a delay thats a complete cessation ! Go elsewhere, there are quite a few providers that will take your export.

Upvote 0
I've now escalated it to the level of Formal Complaint with UW.

Will be interesting to see what response I received, and thanks for all the replies received to this thread.

Upvote 0
@johnb80

@sanorden

Not OVO, for me it's UW, Utility Warehouse. But do you mean you've been trying since May 22 to actually get registered/accepted or that you've not been paid since May 22?
We registered with sse electric that was taken over by ovo but ovo said they havent got our details and told us to register with them which i did with same details sent to sse but they keep saying information missing on application i have sent all the requested info. Just delaying tactics to get my electric.

Upvote 0
@sanorden

I agree with @johnb80, OVO are not being paid for your surplus electricity but I think you need to raise the issue with the Ombudsman Services: Energy, tel. 0330 440 1624 or via ombudsman-services.org/energy.

Upvote 0
Thanks for info will try ombudsman.
The Ombudsman service is great but it can take quite a while to get things sorted. I took up my issue with Together Energy (before they went under) and it was about 6 months before they ruled in my favour, it was then a further 4 months or thereabouts before Together Energy finally complied with the instructions given by the Ombudsman. You can do yourself a great favour by documenting in diary form all events eg emails, phonecalls, scan any letters and compile it into a document for the ombudsman.

Upvote 0
The Ombudsman service is great but it can take quite a while to get things sorted. I took up my issue with Together Energy (before they went under) and it was about 6 months before they ruled in my favour, it was then a further 4 months or thereabouts before Together Energy finally complied with the instructions given by the Ombudsman. You can do yourself a great favour by documenting in diary form all events eg emails, phonecalls, scan any letters and compile it into a document for the ombudsman.
Thans thats good advice.

Thans thats good advice.
Thanks sorry for spelling fingers like cow's udders.

Upvote 0
Support us by becoming a Premium Member

Latest MG EVs video

MG3 Hybrid+ & Cyberster Configurator News + hot topics from the MG EVs forums
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom